International organizations and countries around the world have pledged to help India grapple with its devastating outbreak of Covid-19 and severe shortages of oxygen.
WHO and UNICEF: The WHO is helping to set up mobile hospital units, providing for laboratories, and some 2,600 WHO field officers have been immediately deployed to support health authorities to curb the spread of the pandemic.
It is also supplying:
- 7,000 oxygen concentrators
- 500 nasal devices for oxygen supply
- Oxygen generating plants
- Covid-19 testing machines and personal protective kits, Haq said
United States: The White House said it is delivering "supplies worth more than $100 million in the coming days to provide urgent relief to our partners in India.”
- 1,100 refillable cylinders of oxygen already delivers, “with more planeloads to come”
- 1,700 oxygen concentrators to obtain oxygen from ambient air
- 15 million N95 masks
- AstraZeneca manufacturing supplies allowing India to make over 20 million doses of the company's Covid-19 vaccines
- 1 million rapid diagnostic tests
- A first tranche of a planned 20,000 treatment courses for the antiviral drug remdesivir
China: Beijing chaired a meeting with leaders from South Asia on Tuesday to coordinate assistance against the pandemic in the region, a statement from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said. Leaders from India were invited but were not on the call.
“China is ready to provide support and assistance to Indian people at any time based on their needs,” said Wang. “It is hoped that our meeting today can also assist India in the fight against the pandemic.
- 3 mobile oxygen generation units, each of which is the size of a shipping container. They each produce 500 liters of oxygen per minute, which is enough for 50 people to use at a time
- 495 oxygen concentrators
- 200 ventilators
- 20 units of oxygen supply equipment
- 75 ventilators
- 150 medical monitors
- 200,000 packages of medicines
- 120 respirators
- An oxygen production facility
- An oxygen production and a team of specialized personnel to ensure its correct use