- The head of WHO is “very disappointed” that scientists investigating the origins of Covid-19 were prevented from entering China due to delayed paperwork.
- Hospitalizations in the US continue to rise following the holidays — and the case surge has also limited the vaccine rollout, officials say.
- The European Union has authorized Moderna’s vaccine.
- Some LA County ambulance crews were given guidance not to transport patients with little chance of survival.
- About one in 50 people in England now has coronavirus, England’s chief medical officer said. England entered another national lockdown on Tuesday.
Our live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic has moved here.