Indian authorities said they will evacuate 30,000 more citizens stranded abroad due to the novel coronavirus pandemic -- the second phase of a massive operation to bring Indians home from across the world.
Indian Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said that the citizens will return from 31 countries across 149 flights during the week of May 16 to May 22.
"Flyers have to pay for these services & will undergo a paid 14-day quarantine in their destination states. All prescribed preventive measures will be taken," Puri said in a tweet.
A total of 8,500 citizens had already returned home of the 14,800 Indians registered to travel on 64 flights in the first phase of the operation, Puri said. More flights were underway, he added.