Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what's happening in the world as it unfolds.

Heres our statement from FaceBook:

Holy smokes! We always knew T-Rex had a temper but, today he blew his top. There was an unfortunate (and rare) electrical issue with our mighty T-Rex and he is no longer. You might even say... extinct. We are incredibly proud of our team for the way they efficiently and quickly handled this situation and kept our guests safe. All in all, this happened very quickly and we are a little shaken but we are operating business as mostly usual - the big ropes course is closed but the smaller course for younger kids is open, as well as the Wild Walk and museum tours. Safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance and we assure everyone that we are perfectly safe.

Best regards -
- Zach

Zach Reynolds
President
Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience
Heres our statement from FaceBook:

Holy smokes! We always knew T-Rex had a temper but, today he blew his top. There was an unfortunate (and rare) electrical issue with our mighty T-Rex and he is no longer. You might even say... extinct. We are incredibly proud of our team for the way they efficiently and quickly handled this situation and kept our guests safe. All in all, this happened very quickly and we are a little shaken but we are operating business as mostly usual - the big ropes course is closed but the smaller course for younger kids is open, as well as the Wild Walk and museum tours. Safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance and we assure everyone that we are perfectly safe.

Best regards -
- Zach

Zach Reynolds
President
Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience

    JUST WATCHED

    Watch T. rex burst into flames at dino park

MUST WATCH

Watch T. rex burst into flames at dino park

An animatronic Tyrannosaurus rex at a dinosaur park in Colorado caught on fire due to electrical issues, according to the park.

Watch T. rex burst into flames at dino park

An animatronic Tyrannosaurus rex at a dinosaur park in Colorado caught on fire due to electrical issues, according to the park.