A shooting inside a grocery store in Richland, Washington, has left one person dead and another in critical condition.
Police just finished giving the media an update on the shooting. Here's what we know:
- The suspect — who Richland Police Commander Chris Lee said had previous contact with local police — remains at large.
- Police believe the weapon used in the fatal shooting was a handgun, though the caliber and make are still unknown.
- The suspect and the deceased shared an exchange, described by police as "some sort of interaction," prior to the incident.
- The injured person is a Fred Meyer employee and is currently listed in critical condition and undergoing surgery at a nearby hospital.
- Police were dispatched to the scene at 11:04 a.m. local time (2:04 p.m. ET).
- The Fred Meyer store remains under police control at this time
- Anyone who was a witness to the incident is urged to contact local law enforcement.
The names of the victims and the suspect have not yet been released. Richland Police plans to provide another update at 4:30 p.m. local time, or 7:30 p.m. ET.