- Nineteen children and two teachers were killed in a shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, officials said.
- The 18-year-old gunman was not confronted by a school resource officer outside the building, officials now say, and he apparently entered through an unlocked door. Police officers who arrived and confronted the shooter called for more resources, an official said. After about an hour, tactical teams forced entry and fatally shot the suspect, officials said as questions about the timeline continue to surface.
- Just before the mass shooting, the shooter allegedly texted a teenage girl about his intentions to attack. Authorities said he shot his grandmother before heading to the elementary school. She remains hospitalized.
- President Biden and the first lady will visit Uvalde on Sunday, the White House said, to meet with families who lost loved ones and speak to community leaders.
- Here are ways you can offer support.
See full coverage of the Texas school shooting here.