The winter weather outbreak is bringing the coldest air in decades to many locations across the Central US.
Here’s a sample of some of the lows:
- Dallas dipped to 5 degrees, the coldest temperature the city has seen since 1989.
- Oklahoma City hit -6 degrees, its coldest since 1989. The wind chill reached -29 degrees — a record.
- Austin and San Antonio both had single-digit temperatures for the first time since 1989.
- Corpus Christi, Texas, dipped down to 17 degrees, coldest since 1989.
- Rapid City, South Dakota, has had five consecutive nights below -12 degrees. The last time this happened was in 1943.
- The wind chill in Kansas City, Missouri, dipped to -32 degrees, the lowest since 1989.
- Today will be the coldest day in Omaha, Nebraska, in 25 years.