Rep. John Lewis died Friday at 80 years old. Lewis was the son of sharecroppers who survived a brutal beating by police during a landmark 1965 march in Selma, Alabama, to become a towering figure of the civil rights movement and a longtime US congressman.
We're wrapping up our live coverage, but if you are looking for more on Lewis' life and career, you can ...
- Read former President Barack Obama's tribute to Lewis.
- Discover the true intent behind the documentary "John Lewis: Good Trouble."
- Watch his interview with CNN's Dana Bash about his experience marching in Selma more than 50 years ago.
- Read the favorite stories of the people who knew Lewis the longest, including how he dressed up for Comic-Con.
- And a look at how activists and politicians honored Lewis.