President Biden just announced a six step plan to stop the spread of the Delta variant and increase vaccinations in the US.
The six-step plan includes:
- Requires all employers with more than 100 employees to ensure their workers are vaccinated or tested weekly.
- Providing easy access to booster shots for all eligible Americans.
- Getting students and school staff tested regularly.
- Make at-home tests more affordable.
- Streamlining the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness process.
- Increasing support for Covid-burdened hospitals.
"The measures, these are going to take time to have full impact, but if we implement them, I believe and the scientists indicate that the months ahead we can reduce the number of unvaccinated Americans, decrease hospitalizations and deaths, and allow our children to go to school safely and keep our economy strong by keeping businesses open," Biden said during remarks from the White House.