CNN Site Map for Section US (Galleries) for December - 2017
- 2017-12-22A veteran of the Confederate States of America examines a Union water bottle in front of a Confederate flag. Here's a look at the evolution of that flag.
- 2017-12-19A train car is lifted away on Tuesday, December 19, the day after an Amtrak passenger train derailed near DuPont, Washington. Several of the train's cars spilled off an overpass and onto Interstate 5.
- 2017-12-15Flames from a back-firing operation rise behind a home off Ladera Lane near Bella Vista Drive in Santa Barbara, California, on Thursday, December 14. Powerful Santa Ana winds and extremely dry conditions are fueling wildfires in Southern California in wha
- 2017-12-14Amy Wright, founder and CEO of Bitty & Beau's Coffee, employs 40 people living with intellectual and developmental disabilities ranging from Down syndrome to autism to cerebral palsy. Her efforts landed her on the list of top 10 CNN Heroes for 20
- 2017-12-13When he realized it would cost too much to buy presents for all the children in his local hospital, then-9-year-old Campbell Remess started making teddy bears for them by hand four years ago. His generosity grew into Project 365 by Campbell, and more than
- 2017-12-12Aaron Valencia's nonprofit, the Lost Angels Children's Project, is an after-school program focusing on classic car restoration. Valencia, a mechanic in Lancaster, CA, about 70 miles north of Los Angeles, wanted to give at-risk kids the chance he
- 2017-12-12At Khali Sweeney's Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program in Detroit, around 100 children get training and academic tutoring five days a week. Sweeney, a high school dropout who was "always getting into trouble, always fighting," turned his life
- 2017-12-11Mona Patel was 17 when her life was turned upside-down by a drunken driver in 1990. She lost part of her leg after being struck by a car and, after finding support hard to come by, created the San Antonio Amputee Foundation. The group offers peer support,
- 2017-12-09Chicago police officer Jennifer Maddox founded the after-school program Future Ties to give children a safe space for tutoring, mentoring and establishing life goals. Because of her work, she has been honored as a Top 10 CNN Hero for 2017. CNN caught up w
- 2017-12-09Marine Sgt. Andrew Manzi served two tours in Iraq. He returned home with a brain injury and some PTSD, lost and angry. But then he discovered the healing power of surfing, and wanted to give that same healing to other veterans. Manzi started Warrior Surf,
- 2017-12-09Top 10 CNN Hero for 2017 Stan Hays, the co-founder of Operation BBQ Relief, works to feed victims and first responders after disasters like Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. CNN caught up with Hays and his colleagues at an event in Kansas City, Kansas. Click th