1. Sips, Barcelona: This 33-seat bar has been selected as the best in the world for 2023, rising up from No. 3 last year.
Sips/Courtesy World's 50 Best Bars
2. Double Chicken Please, New York: Located in Manhattan's Lower East Side, this bar's star is still rising, having jumped from No. 6 in 2022. You'll find Asian-inflected cocktails such as the popular #3 (apple brandy, cranberry, spiced pear, ginger ale).
Double Chicken Please/Courtesy World's 50 Best Bars
3. Handshake Speakeasy, Mexico City: The bustling capital of Mexico has four spots in the 2023 list, and Handshake is its top entry at No. 3. As the name hints, the location is hard to find in the Colonia Juárez neighborhood, but the rewards are stellar.
Handshake Speakeasy/Courtesy World's 50 Best Bars
4. Paradiso, Barcelona: The bragging rights continue for this Mediterranean city with Paradiso, which patrons enter through a pastrami shop fridge. Inside, they'll find a beautifully sculpted Dali-esque curved wooden bar. Paradiso was No. 1 in 2022.
Paradiso/Courtesy World's 50 Best Bars
5. Connaught Bar, London: The UK's top entry on the best 50 list moves up a few spots from No. 8 in 2022. The specialty of the house? The Dry Martini, in which the bar's own licor is stirred down in a special mixing glass and made to measure with a choice of homemade bitters.