World’s best airports for 2018 named in Skytrax awards
8:01 AM EDT, Mon June 25, 2018
Skytrax World's Best Airports: 10. Frankfurt Airport (Germany): Aviationranking site Skytrax has released its best airport list for 2018. Click through the gallery to find which was named number one at the 2018 Skytrax World Airport Awards.
9 . Zurich Airport (Switzerland): The largest international airport in Switzerland secured the No. 9 spot, down one place on it's 2017 ranking.
Courtesy Andrew Eland/Creative Commons/Flickr
8. London Heathrow Airport: The busiest airport in Europe in terms of passenger traffic rose one place to take No. 8 on this year's list. Heathrow has long held ambitions to expand with a second runway, but the plan is mired in political arguments.
Jack Taylor/Getty Images Europe/Getty Images
7. Chubu Centrair Nagoya (Japan): Centrair was voted the 7th best airport in the world and received the title for "world's best regional airport."
6. Munich Airport (Germany): The second busiest airport in Germany came in at No. 6 and was also named Europe's best airport. Munich is loved by many passengers for its in-airport brewery.
Courtesy Munich Airport
5. Hamad International Airport (Doha, Qatar): Accommodating up to 30 million passengers a year, Doha's pristine Hamad International Airport came in 5th place and was named the best airport in the Middle East. The airport prides itself on its displays of radical modern artworks.
KARIM JAAFAR/AFP/Getty Images
4. Hong Kong International Airport: Food and connectivity helped proper Hong Kong International up one place to the no. 4 spot. The airport was voted the "world's best transit airport" and the "best airport for dining."
Courtesy Hong Kong International Airport
3. Tokyo International Airport (Haneda): Haneda, last year's 2nd place holder has dropped to No. 3 on Skytrax's annual list. It won the vote as "the world's cleanest airport."
TOSHIFUMI KITAMURA/AFP/Getty Images
2. Incheon International Airport (Seoul, South Korea): South Korea's Incheon International Airport has moved up one place in the list, coming in 2nd this time. It also won an award for its airport staff.
JUNG YEON-JE/AFP/Getty Images
1. Singapore Changi Airport: Changi Airport remains Skytrax's "world's best airport", taking the title for the 6th year in a row and the 9th time in the past two decades.