CNN Site Map for Section Travel (Galleries) for July - 2017
- 2017-07-31Wellness at sea: New and established cruise ship brands are making it easier to stay fit while on a cruise. Lindblad Expeditions's new "Exploration, Transformation, Mindfulness" voyages in Mexico's Sea of Cortez pair in-port activities
- 2017-07-29Kuala Lumpur, Malyasia, is one of several cities now offering women-only sections on public transportation.
- 2017-07-28The complete London airport guide -- London, pictured here from the air, is a world aviation hub. The UK's capital is served by six airports in total.
- 2017-07-28Considered the best place on the planet to see jaguars in the wild, the Pantanal may harbor as many as a thousand of the big cats. A surplus of prey and abundant waterways make the wetlands an ideal habitat for the water-loving felines.
- 2017-07-27Next station is ... nowhere: Pictures of Caojiawan metro station in Chongqing, China, have caused an internet sensation after revealing it's in the middle of a wasteland.
- 2017-07-27This might just be Europe's hippest city: Portugal's second city, Porto, has been challenging Lisbon as the hottest new city-trip destination. Here are some of the reasons to visit.
- 2017-07-27Changi Airport T4: Regularly voted the world's best airport, Singapore Changi Airport promises passengers an even better travel experience with the upcoming fourth terminal (T4).
- 2017-07-26Coney Island: For more than a century, this part of the southern Brooklyn waterfront has been home to seaside delights like amusement parks and fair food. It has also always been a home for freaks, misfits and mermaids.
- 2017-07-26Heron & Grey, Dublin: Irish front-of-house manager Andrew Heron (left) and Australian chef Damien Grey (right) won Ireland's only new Michelin star in 2016 for their Dublin restaurant Heron & Grey.
- 2017-07-26Pool in the train: As the host city of the upcoming 2017 Summer Universiade, Taipei has transformed a metro train into different sports venues, including a swimming pool.
- 2017-07-26Sarajevo reborn: It still carries the scars of 1990s conflict, but this enigmatic city exudes a modern cool in numerous ways and is emerging as a hot European destination.
- 2017-07-25Traveling the world with Google Street View -- Jacqui Kenny suffers from agoraphobia -- an anxiety condition that makes traveling very difficult. But Kenny has found a way to explore the world from the comfort of her own home via Google Street View -- and
- 2017-07-25Whistlepig, the rye whiskey that won "best in show" at the prestigious 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, comes from a picturesque farm in Vermont.
- 2017-07-25Malta is evidence that you don't need palm trees or daiquiris to be one of the world's most tantalizing islands. Limestone cliffs are dotted with baroque churches, crumbling castle walls, and fortresses.
- 2017-07-25This popular shopping, nightlife and arts area has great theaters, including Shin-Kabuki-za, which showcases Japanese Kabuki. "Outside of the major attractions, a small stretch of alleyways called Ura-Namba is quickly growing in renown with locals,&q
- 2017-07-24Laucala, Fiji: With extraordinary amenities like its own airport and submarine, this South Pacific private island offers unparalleled oceanside exclusivity.
- 2017-07-21The Catskills: With its breathtaking vistas, colorful towns, ski slopes, swimming holes and a renewed interest from outsiders, this mountain range north of New York City is experiencing a tourism renaissance.
- 2017-07-21Bensley says his favorite project to date is the Four Seasons Golden Triangle Tented Camp in Chiang Rai, which he designed over 10 years ago. He recently returned to design a new two-bedroom pool villa for the project.
- 2017-07-21Best places to watch the solar eclipse: For a few spectacular minutes on August 21, the moon will fully cross the sun's path, turning daylight into twilight. Here are seven rooftop bars from which you can catch the solar show with a drink in hand.
- 2017-07-21To mark the 20th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, Buckingham Palace is showcasing a selection of the princess's personal belongings. Many have been chosen by her sons Princes William and Harry.
- 2017-07-21National Tequila Day: The agave fields that provide tequila maker Casa Dragones with its harvest are located on an estate at 1,200 meters above sea level in the Trans-Mexican Volcanic belt in Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico.
- 2017-07-20THE WORLD'S BUSIEST AIRPORTS: While airline passengers might wish for slightly less crowded airports, cities love to brag about their booming airports and the impact of flight on the local economy. One of the most popular in the world is Paris-Charle
- 2017-07-20Europe revisited: American photographer Lisa Werner recently documented her return to Europe, 30 years after she studied abroad in the 1980s. Werner recreated several photographs from her original trip, including this image of Cologne.
- 2017-07-19Strangers invite you to join their celebration: Best thing about getting invited to a complete stranger's celebration? Dancing like nobody's watching. Nobody you know, at least. For more great moments in travel, click on.
- 2017-07-19Beautiful river maps: Under the moniker Grasshopper Geography, digital cartographer Robert Szucs transforms rivers around the world into contemporary artwork.
- 2017-07-18Star Wars hotel: Walt Disney Parks & Resorts has announced plans for a Star Wars-themed hotel that will allow guests to experience life in a galaxy far, far away.
- 2017-07-18Seychelles' best resorts: WIth more than 100 tropical islands, the Seychelles has no shortage of spectacular villa resorts. From family-friendly resorts to hyper-exclusive private islands, here are some of the Seychelles' greatest escapes.
- 2017-07-18Down time at the Japan Ultra Music Festival. A glittery haven for hardcore EDM junkies, the festival takes place again this September in Tokyo's Odaiba Ultra Park.
- 2017-07-18Gearing up for its fifth festival this fall, Quest is one of the longest-running live music events in Vietnam.
- 2017-07-17Flex and stretch: The Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan is among the best locations for yoga in Ubud.
- 2017-07-17INSIDE THE FOOD FACTORY: The Emirates Flight Catering facility in Dubai is one of the world's largest airline food facilities, preparing up to 180,000 meals every day.
- 2017-07-17Humble beginnings: Bu Qtair was a modest fish shack that began in Jumeirah in the 1980s cooking the catch of the day.
- 2017-07-14High fashion: Chinese airline Hainan Airlines has staked its claim as the world's most stylish fleet, premiering a haute couture uniform for its cabin crew.
- 2017-07-14The world's greenest airport: The aviation industry needs to become more environmentally friendly -- and Oslo Airport has unveiled an airport terminal for the future.
- 2017-07-13Perfect venues for a destination wedding: Mexico's Baja California coast has a rugged beauty that's hard to beat. That's why The Resort at Pedregal is our pick for a beach celebration.
- 2017-07-13Best of Montenegro: Home to spectacular mountains, breathtaking landscapes, picturesque coastal towns and rushing rivers -- Montenegro is a stunning spot to explore.
- 2017-07-13Like all of of Niemeyer's works, this museum is sensuous in form. It is an otherworldly sight from afar, as though a flying saucer has just landed atop a cliff overlooking the ocean. The journey within is simply out of this world.
- 2017-07-12In addition to having some of the finest stretches of white sand in Belize and near 180-degree sea views from anywhere on the island (all six hectares of it), South Water Caye is part of the South Water Caye Marine Reserve, the largest protected marine pa
- 2017-07-12Horticultural attraction: The Dubai Miracle Gardens has more than four kilometers of walkways. It'll be a miracle if you get through it without breaking a sweat.
- 2017-07-12A new book called "Dear Sky" by photographer Arthur Mebiu looks at the people and planes of Air Koryo, North Korea's state-owned national airline. Mebius shared a few photos from the book with CNN, including this image of crew disembarking
- 2017-07-12Hôtel de Crillon: Originally built in the 1700s, this classic Paris hotel is located on the Place de la Concorde.
- 2017-07-12Nearly 50,000 people entered Corcovado National Park in 2015, but hardly any of the money they spent benefited villagers living on the park's boundaries. Taking visitors on three trails that skirt Corcovado, the Caminos de Osa project aims to realign
- 2017-07-12Icons: (National Congress) 1 point
Height: 0 points
Beauty: 2 points
Total: 3 points
Oscar Niemeyer certainly made his mark on this city. The Ministries Esplanade contains his beautiful Cathedral of Brasilia (pictured here) National Museum and National Li
- 2017-07-11The cattle that eat sweets -- Mayura Station is an Australian ranch producing super-premium meat -- with a twist.
- 2017-07-11Just north of theme park-obsessed Orlando, a stately vacation awaits those wanting a break from the rides and cotton candy. The historic resort town of Winter Park offers craft cocktails, boat rides, a mini-Central Park and galleries to explore.
- 2017-07-11Voyage to Antarctica: Tourism in Antarctica is increasing, but how much of an impact is this having on the white continent? (Photos by James Draven).
- 2017-07-10Kulangsu Island, China: Located near Xiamen City, the small pedestrian-only island of Kulangsu was a frontier stronghold for many countries looking to enter Chinese mainland after the First Opium War (1839-1842). Only covering an area of 1.88 square kilom
- 2017-07-10Living the high life: Stockholm Arlanda Airport has teamed up with vacation rental company HomeAway and Swedavia to create a luxury apartment in the airport's disused flight control tower.
- 2017-07-10The world from above: Dronestagram -- the online site showcasing aerial photography -- has announced the winners of its annual photography competition. The chosen photographs are spectacular birds-eye visions of the world from the sky. This gorgeous image
- 2017-07-10The Peninsula Lobby: Afternoon tea is a long-standing tradition at The Peninsula. This colonial hotel opened in 1928 during British rule -- making it the oldest luxury hotel in Hong Kong.
- 2017-07-1012 incredible UNESCO sites you've probably never heard of: Surrounded by forests of beech, fir and spruce, a multi-level system of 16 lakes spills into waterfalls and pools in Croatia's Plitvice Lakes National Park. The lakes are known for their
- 2017-07-07'Secret' land: Ciociaria is a forgotten and overlooked region in central Italy's wild mountains southeast of Rome.
- 2017-07-06Ljubljana's best restaurants: Celebrated chef Ana Ros has elevated Slovenian cooking to the world stage. Here, she guides us through the best restaurants in the capital Ljubljana:
Strelec Restaurant is built into the Ljubljana Castle archer tower a
- 2017-07-06Newgrange: Ireland's Newgrange passage tomb is one of the earliest and greatest feats of solar alignment, built 500 years before the Giza pyramids and 1,000 years before Stonehenge.
- 2017-07-06Vintage photos: Swiss aviator Walter Mittelholzer -- pictured here, camera in hand -- was a trailblazing photographer and pilot.
- 2017-07-0533 BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN ITALY: Civita di Bagnoregio, Viterbo: Civita was founded by the Etruscans more than 2,500 years ago and sits atop a rocky plateau overlooking the Tiber river valley in central Italy. The town is in constant danger of destruction by
- 2017-07-04The world's 25 most popular amusement and theme parks attracted more than 233 million visitors in 2016, according to a new report. Coming in 25th place was SeaWorld Florida, which is phasing out its killer whale shows. Click through to see the rest o
- 2017-07-04The Grill by Thomas Keller: Tuck into classic steakhouse fare from Michelin-starred Chef Thomas Keller aboard upscale Seabourn ships.
- 2017-07-04Flooded by tourists: Experts say Venice is receiving more tourism -- about 30 million visitors a year -- than it can cope with.
- 2017-07-03The Siam: Bangkok's The Siam hotel, which opened in 2012, is a 39-suite luxury urban resort on the Chao Phraya River.
- 2017-07-03Soneva Fushi, Maldives: The brainchild of Eva and Sonu Shivdasani, Soneva Fushi pioneered the trend for environmentally responsible ultra-luxury holidays. The Indonesian Ocean idyll has been fully carbon neutral since 2014.