CNN Site Map for Section Travel (Galleries) for April - 2012
- 2012-04-30Lebanese photographer Roger Moukarzel swapped his warm studio in Beirut for the frozen mountains of Lulea in northern Sweden. He was here to create a series of striking images that would highlight the cause and effect of climate change.
- 2012-04-26At Noma, chef Rene Redzepi serves traditional Scandinavian cuisine with a twist. The gourmet restaurant holds two Michelin stars and was ranked as the Best Restaurant in the World by Restaurant Magazine 2010 and 2011.
- 2012-04-25The Chambers Hotel in New York is known for its in-house art collection, as well as the culinary artistry created by superstar chef David Chang. See more irresistible room service at Departures.com
- 2012-04-23An aerial view of the World Trade Center site and National 9/11 Memorial in New York. More than 2 million people have visited the memorial since it opened last year.
- 2012-04-23Celebrity Indian chef Sanjeev Kapoor took up the Fusion Journey challenge, making a gastronomic pilgrimage from Mumbai, India's most populous city, to the stylish Danish capital of Copenhagen. His task was to blend the contrasting culinary traditions
- 2012-04-22With 70 miles of protected coastline, Padre Island in Texas is the longest undeveloped barrier island in the world. The island is favored nesting ground for the endangered Kemp's ridley sea turtle and is inhabited by more than 380 species of birds.
- 2012-04-18El Bedford Post Inn es un hotel de lujo diseñado y de propiedad de Richard Gere y su esposa, Carey Lowell.
- 2012-04-18One of a handful of haunting memorials that stand on the field of Isandlwana, where the Zulu army defeated the British in one of the most famous battles of the 19th century Zulu wars.
- 2012-04-14El Titanic empieza su primer y último viaje dejando Queenstown, ahora Cobh, en Irlanda, el 10 de Abril de 1912
- 2012-04-13Patrick Druckenmiller, 9, received the trip aboard the Titanic anniversary cruise as a gift from his grandmother, Stephanie Hayes, right. Patrick is dressed as Titanic Capt. Edward John Smith. The cruise aboard the Azamara Journey departed from New York o
- 2012-04-13A patio café and wooden walkways at the pond in Constitution Gardens. Proposal by Andropogon & Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- 2012-04-12While you're unlikely to get an invite to George Clooney's Italian villa, there's no reason you shouldn't rent a villa of your own.
- 2012-04-12Before he opened the first Marriott hotel, Bill Marriott's father, J. Willard Marriott, ran an A&W root-beer stand. Pictured is the first East Coast drive-in A&W stand, circa 1928.
- 2012-04-12The "American Stories" exhibit includes one of several pairs of the sequined size-five shoes worn by 16-year-old Judy Garland as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz."
- 2012-04-10The New World Symphony performs the premiere of "Polaris" in January at the symphony's New World Center home in Miami Beach, Florida.
- 2012-04-09Albergo California in Positano, Italy. See more photos of the hotels on BudgetTravel.com
- 2012-04-09There is a dedicated fragrance butler in each of Rosewood Hotels' North American and Saudi Arabian properties with a fragrance menu tailored to the hotel.
- 2012-04-07El Titanic, trasatlántico de la línea británica White Star en su primero y último viaje en 1912.