CNN Site Map for Section Aviation (Galleries) for May - 2017
- 2017-05-19Lilium is a new ultralight two-seater electric plane concept, designed by four German engineers.
- 2017-05-19Here are 20 iconic planes from the past 50 years that every aviation fan should try to experience first-hand. The DHC-6, pictured, is a small, solid aircraft capable of landing on short runways.
- 2017-05-19Zurich's Kloten International Airport is both modern and green. It takes 10th place in the best airport overall category in the Guide to Sleeping in Airports annual awards. Click through the gallery to see the rest of the top 10.
- 2017-05-19If realized, the Boom concept plane could fly New York to London in 3.4 hours or Los Angeles to Sydney in six.
- 2017-05-18These two narrow-body, twin-engine, single-aisle planes are among the most common commercial jets in the world. To an amateur, it can be difficult to spot which is which given they're very similar in size. The secret is to look at the nose and tail s
- 2017-05-18Entering commercial service in 1967, the Ilyushin Il-62 was the Soviet Union's first long-range jetliner. Its successor, the more fuel efficient Il-62M (pictured), came along in 1974. Want to see one take off? North Korean airline Air Koryo has a cou
- 2017-05-17U.S. aerospace tech company Windspeed has filed a patent for aircraft passenger seats that offer a view from the top of a plane.
- 2017-05-16America from above: What better way to see North America's greatest and grandest sights than soaring through the air in a rotary-winged chopper? Here are four of our favorite heli-tours operating in Canada and the US.
- 2017-05-12Nik Loukas's InflightFeed blog reviews airline meals. When it comes to low-cost carriers, "I'm torn between Pegasus Airlines from Turkey and Peach [pictured here] in Japan," Loukas tells CNN. "I've sampled some amazing in-fli
- 2017-05-10Southwest Airlines ranked higher than any other airline in J.D. Power's 2017 rankings of North American carriers. The airline also ranked first in the low-cost category.