Best beaches for families must have more than good swimming
Accommodations, dining and entertainment must be close to the beach
The best family beaches have more than a sandy spot to sunbathe or clean water for swimming.
The 10 best beaches for families for 2015, released by Family Vacation Critic on Wednesday, all offer more to explore close to the beach.
“When choosing the top family-friendly beaches, we consider a number of factors – it’s not just beautiful sands and picturesque views,” said Lissa Poirot, editor-in-chief of Family Vacation Critic, a TripAdvisor site. The editors of the site pick the beaches on the list.
“Beyond clean, safe beaches, we’re looking for beaches that offer a well-rounded experience for families – accommodations, dining and entertainment within close distance of the beach, and plenty to keep the whole family entertained while in town,” Poirot said in a statement.
Check out the 10 best U.S. beaches, listed here in alphabetical order by beach name, in our photo gallery above.
- Cape May Beach – Cape May, New Jersey
- Carlsbad State Beach – Carlsbad, California
- Crescent Beach – Block Island, Rhode Island
- Fort De Soto Park – St. Petersburg, Florida
- Kings Beach – Lake Tahoe, California
- Lincoln City Beach – Lincoln City, Oregon
- Manatee County Beach – Holmes Beach, Florida
- Ogunquit Beach – Ogunquit, Maine
- Rehoboth Beach – Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
- Virginia Beach – Virginia Beach, Virginia