CNN Site Map for Section Design (Galleries) for September - 2017
- 2017-09-29"The Snowstorm in the Tropics," a comic book published in 2001.
- 2017-09-28The Tupolev Tu-144 was the Soviet rival to the Anglo-French Concorde, but its rushed development made it notoriously unreliable and unpleasant to fly.
- 2017-09-26The baseball cap is represented by two examples from New Era, from 1950 and 1996.
- 2017-09-22"Can Graphic Design Save Your Life?" at London's Wellcome Collection looks at how graphic design influences our views on health and medicine. These Help Remedies packages were designed by brand agency Pearl Fisher make it easy for consumers
- 2017-09-21Swedish design studio Front is famous for its unusual and radical designs, such as this vase, created with the help of 3D software. It was then exposed to a simulated gust of wind.
- 2017-09-19Reel Art Press' new release "Peace: Photographs by Jim Marshall" -- and a corresponding exhibition -- bring together photos taken by the rock 'n' roll photographer across the US during the height of the anti-war movement.
- 2017-09-18The Mwabwindo School in Zambia has been named the winner of this year's Panerai Design Miami Visionary Award.
- 2017-09-08"Crossing Parallel(s)" was the winning design in a competition to envisage a bathhouse located beneath the demilitarized zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea.
- 2017-09-08Fiskars' classic orange-handled scissors turn 50 years old this year.
- 2017-09-08The nucleus of Paris Design Week is the gigantic five-day Maison & Object trade fair, where more than 3,000 exhibitors come together to showcase the latest in the way of design.
A cozy must-see at the fair is Comfort Zone, designed by François Bern
- 2017-09-08A rendering of a sci-fi campus conceived by MAD for electric car company Faraday Future in California.
- 2017-09-08Recent years have seen a number of collaborations between high-profile fashion designers and established homeware brands, who have realized that consumers are hungry for a complete lifestyle experience. A key example? Moschino presented a modern take on S
- 2017-09-08Camille Walala, a designer known for her exuberantly colorful printed work, is responsible for one of this year's London Design Festival Landmark Projects in the heart of the City of London. Villa Walala will see Exchange Square filled with inflatabl
- 2017-09-07A quiet, battery-powered scooter with a light aluminum chassis. Rather than owning batteries, riders can swap their power cells for fully recharged ones at one of Gogoro's Taipei battery stations. (GogGoRo © 2011 Gogoro Taiwan Ltd.)
- 2017-09-07World-recognized industrial design iconoclast Karim Rashid likes to do things differently, and believes we can design our way to human progress. Here, he shares the rules he lives by.
Each tip is illustrated by a "Karimagologos" hieroglyphic sy
- 2017-09-01Beijing's Forbidden City houses some of the world's oldest examples of dougong.