CNN Site Map for Section Design (Galleries) for May - 2017
There is one word Chef Jacques LaMerde uses to describe his food time and time again: Soigné
The French loan-word sums up the elegant, sophisticated morsels of culinary perfection that haute cuisine eateries aspire to offer diners.
But look close
- 2017-05-30Actor and former NFL player Terry Crews has launched a new furniture collection.
- 2017-05-29Emoji enables us to better express tone and provide emotional cues; and in turn, our addressees are better able to interpret what the words are meant to convey.
In 2016, New York's Museum of Modern Art added emojis to its permanent collection --
- 2017-05-29The 1,000-seat Philharmonic Hall in Szczecin by Barozzi / Veiga is located on the historical site of the "Konzerthaus," which was destroyed during the Second World War. The hall is composed following a Fibonacci sequence whose fragmentation incr
- 2017-05-24This week, the Design Museum in London opens "California: Designing Freedom." Scroll through the gallery for a preview from the exhibition's curator Brendan Mcgetrick.
"This is from Waymo, a subsidiary of Google. It's the first
- 2017-05-23Fernando Mastrangelo is the founder of the design firm Fernando Mastrangelo Studio, which runs out of his Brooklyn studio. He uses materials like salt, coffee, sand, glass and cement to create his sculptures.
- 2017-05-19When the 1979 science-fiction horror film "Alien" first hit theaters, moviegoers had no idea what the creature -- the central character to the film -- would look like.
- 2017-05-17Andrea Anastasio is a former designer for influential design group Memphis. He designs furniture and objects for Italian companies.
- 2017-05-17Todd Bracher is an award-winning, critically acclaimed industrial designer based in Brooklyn, New York. Over the past 20 years, Bracher has collaborated with some of the most prestigious brands in the world, including Jaguar, Burberry, Humanscale and Herm
- 2017-05-17Lee Broom, one of the UK's leading designers, has collaborated with the likes of Christian Louboutin and Mulberry. He was presented with the Queen's Award for Enterprise in 2015.
- 2017-05-17Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance is a multidisciplinary designer and interior architect based in Paris. His work is strongly inspired by the complexity and continuity of nature. He established the creative studio Neonata, meaning "new birth" in Italian,
- 2017-05-17Louis Lim is a designer at Studio ai. He currently heads Makingworks, the firm's product design division. Lim's sculptures and designs explore function, utility and play.
- 2017-05-17Acclaimed architecture and design company Snøhetta collaborated with the Scandinavian street furniture company Vestre to produce an outdoor furniture range for Times Square in New York. The designers were Nick Koster and Craig Dykers for Snøhetta, and Esp
- 2017-05-17Leah Ring is the founder of Los Angeles-based design practice Another Human. She creates one-of-a-kind objects, furniture and jewelry.
- 2017-05-17Based in New York, Samuel Amoia received the Rising Talent award at the prestigious Maison & Objet fair in Paris in 2016.
- 2017-05-17Atelier Alain Ellouz designs interiors, as well as lighting fixtures made from alabaster and rock crystal.
- 2017-05-17John Hogan is a Seattle-based artist and designer who works predominantly in glass. His work, which spans both functional objects and sculpture, is about changing radiant energy through the refraction of light.
- 2017-05-16"Many of the designers we're interested in right now are exploring the intersection of light, color, and other materials, and Australian-born, Rotterdam-based Sabine Marcelis is at the top of that list. She works primarily in neon and resin, oft
- 2017-05-15At New York's NYCxDesign festival, several curators are staging exhibitions featuring female designers exclusively.
Pictured: Egg Collective founders Stephanie Beamer, Crystal Ellis and Hillary Petrie.
- 2017-05-15London studio Soft Baroque's "Spring Break" bench was inspired by the bouncy rockers found in many play parks.
"It was an opportunity to create a really highly finished and mature version of these familiar park toys," said desig
- 2017-05-08The suites in this hotel, which accommodates short and long-term stays, were originally planned as micro-apartments.