CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for May - 2017
- 2017-05-31"Black and Blue: The Invisible Man and the Masque of Blackness" (2016-2017) by Zak Ove
- 2017-05-30Chinese artist Zhao Chuang is the go-to artist for paleontologists who want to bring dinosaurs to life.
- 2017-05-26Made entirely of plastic waste collected from beaches in Oregon, this sculpture belongs to a project called Washed Ashore, which uses art to educate about environmental conservation and sustainability.
The project started in 2010 and since then about 40,
- 2017-05-25In their their ongoing Icons series, Swiss artists duo Jojakim Cortis and Adrian Sonderegger creates 3D miniatures of iconic photographs.
- 2017-05-24Ruben Ostlund's film "The Square" draws on an installation he created in collaboration with film producer Kalle Boman. Beginning life in the design museum Vandolorum in Varnamo, Sweden, the piece was intended to promote altruism and highlig
- 2017-05-24A year after his death, Iranian Palme d'Or winner Abbas Kiarostami made his posthumous swansong at the Cannes Film Festival with a poignant film completed by his son, Ahmad.
Scroll through to discover more about the Iranian director's love affa
- 2017-05-19Anne Imhof's Golden Lion-winning "Faust" involves a five-hour performance in which the the audience is immersed in a world of music, sadness and sexuality.
- 2017-05-17If visitors look up they'll see this impressive dome at the National Gallery Singapore, now home to the largest collection of modern Southeast Asian art.
- 2017-05-17Since the 1970s, Japanese photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto has taken eerie photos in empty theaters around the world.
- 2017-05-16On May 15, 2017, "Femme assise, robe bleu" a 1939 painting by Pablo Picasso, sold for $45 million at a Christie's auction in New York.
- 2017-05-12"Candor" (2016) by Kira Leskinen
- 2017-05-12"Their Mortal Remains," a new exhibition at London's Victoria and Albert Museum, celebrates the legacy of Pink Floyd.
The iconic album artwork of Pink Floyd's tenth studio album, "Animals," features an inflatable pig over B
- 2017-05-11Left, a cast brass head with red pigment, a Ife head of the Yoruba people, Nigeria dating from the 12-15th century. On the right a sculpture by Damien Hirst.
- 2017-05-09French artist Loris Gréaud will revive an abandoned glass furnace on an island in Murano district during the Venice Biennale for his immersive installation "The Unplayed Notes Factory." It will play host "to a whole new trade: an unofficial
- 2017-05-08Elusive street artist Banksy has revealed a new mural. The large-scale painting depicts a worker chipping away at one of the twelve stars on the European Union flag.
- 2017-05-03Zhang Huan's performance piece "Family Tree" uses his own body as a site to explore social phenomena. Calligraphers slowly coat his face with phrases, from political slogans of Mao Zedong to observations about Zhang's skull. The sequen
- 2017-05-03Dutch photographer and urban explorer Bob Thissen has a peculiar standard of beauty. "It's nice to see nature taking over the earth," he says. "When humanity comes to an end, nature will rule again."
- 2017-05-02The Courtauld Gallery's collection includes impressionistic and post-impressionistic masterpieces, as well as works from the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
Shown here: Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear, by Vincent Van Gogh. Courtesy The Samuel Courtauld