CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for April - 2017
- 2017-04-28Abu Hisham Abdel Karim and his family use a local taxi to salvage possessions from their ruined apartment in the Khalidiya district of Homs shortly after the city was retaken by government forces. (June 15, 2014)
- 2017-04-27Genoa courtyard
- 2017-04-27Jeff Koon's eye-catching cover sees Lady Gaga transformed into a modern Venus, carefully covered by one of the artist's signature gazing balls.
- 2017-04-26Four riders are trekking from Athens to Kassel, Germany as part of an art piece titled "The Transit of Hermes."
- 2017-04-25Louis Chan's life-size interior photographs of residents of New York City's Chinatown -- now showing in an exhibition called "At Home" -- burst with intimate detail.
- 2017-04-25Kyoto's annual photography fair -- called Kyotographie -- is among the most exciting art fairs in Japan.
- 2017-04-24Turkish artist Hüseyin Şahin creates collages that depict impossible worlds.
- 2017-04-21These gold-colored shipping containers open windows from one side of the world to another.
- 2017-04-20Acclaimed photographer Douglas Kirkland is known for his extensive archive of Hollywood portraits.
This photo of Marilyn Monroe was for the cover of Look magazine's 25th anniversary issue.
- 2017-04-20A nighttime view of New York is seen from the Empire State Building in this 1946 photo made by Todd Webb. There will be two exhibitions of the photographer's work opening on April 20: "A City Seen: Todd Webb's Postwar New York, 1945-1960&qu
- 2017-04-13A woman crosses a Philadelphia street in this photo taken in 1963 by Ray K. Metzker, a renowned photographer whose work can be found in dozens of art museums across the world. Sixty of Metzker's prints can be seen in "Abstractions," an exhi
- 2017-04-11Saving Rosa Parks' home from destruction
- 2017-04-11The Detroit home of civil rights activist Rosa Parks has been rebuilt by artist Ryan Mendoza.
- 2017-04-11With "No Guts No Glory," a new exhibition at London's Saatchi Gallery, Ben Turnbull revisits the horrors of the Vietnam War.
- 2017-04-10Juno Calypso took a week-long solo trip to a love hotel in Pennsylvania in 2015 with a suitcase full of wigs and lingerie. The resulting photos explore her own idea of feminism while rejecting the traditional idea of romance.
- 2017-04-07Damien Hirst's latest exhibition, "Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable," opens in Venice this week.
- 2017-04-07"Two Chinas": A December 2016 cartoon on US President Donald Trump's apparent questioning of the "One China" policy.
- 2017-04-07Badiucao's political cartoons seen outside the Praxis Artspace gallery in Adelaide, Australia in March 2017.
- 2017-04-06Italian photographer Oliviero Toscani has been making provocative imagery for over five decades. He is perhaps best known for his work with United Colors of Benetton, where he served as artistic director for more than 20 years.
- 2017-04-05"Queer British Art (1861-1967)," a new exhibition at London's Tate Britain, celebrates works created by British artists before 1967, when male homosexuality was decriminalized in the UK.
- 2017-04-04British artist Gerald Scarfe is one of the world's best-known political cartoonists.