CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for February - 2017
- 2017-02-27Australian artists Guido van Helten works on his latest mural project, a grain silo in the South Australian town of Coonalpyn.
- 2017-02-23Parisian photographer Romain Veillon is fascinated by abandoned locations.
- 2017-02-22Inspired by his life as a touring musician, Lenny Kravitz explored his passion for photography by turning the lens on the fans and paparazzi that followed him.
- 2017-02-22Curator Anda Rottenberg was forced to resign following protests when she displayed this work by artist and provocateur Maurizio Cattelan at the Zacheta National Gallery in Warsaw, Poland.
- 2017-02-20South Korean artist Choi Xooang creates hyperrealistic sculptures that depict the human form in its whole and its parts.
- 2017-02-15Rembrandt's drawing of a dog has been in the collection of the Herzog Anton Ulrich Museum in Braunschweig, Germany, since 1770, but was long thought to be the work of a different artist.
- 2017-02-15"Erotic: Passion & Desire," an exhibition at Sotheby's London, looks at representations of sex in art and design objects from ancient times to the modern day. The works will all be auctioned on Feb. 16, 2017. These are some of the highl
- 2017-02-14A new exhibition at Hong Kong's Para Site Gallery -- Creative Operational Solutions -- explores the work of seven artists who sailed on commercial container ships. "The sea is the backbone of globalization and exchanges of global culture,"
- 2017-02-14Ren Hang is a self-taught, Beijing-based photographer whose color-blasted, abstract erotic snapshots have recently made him one of Asia's most popular contemporary artists.
- 2017-02-08Celebrated portrait photographer Martin Schoeller has shot everyone from bodybuilders to politicians.
"I had seen (Obama's) speech at the Democratic convention shortly before, and (photographing him) was just what you would expect," Schoe
- 2017-02-07This interactive artwork installation is "Bruise" by Alison Bennett. Currently on display at the RMIT gallery, it invites users to investigate an image of a bruise by touching the display screen.
- 2017-02-06"Coming into Fashion: A Century of Photography at Cond� Nast," a new exhibition in Beijing, brings together images from fashion titles including Vogue, Vanity Fair and Glamour.
- 2017-02-02Laura Windvogel better known as Lady Skollie is a South African born interdisciplinary artist whose paintings are as alluring as they are belligerent.
A new exhibition, 'Lust Politics', presents the artist's works on sex, desire and power.
- 2017-02-01"Terrains of the Body: Photography from the National Museum of Women in the Arts," a new exhibition at Whitechapel Gallery in London, explores how women have presented themselves in photography and video art.