CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for December - 2017
- 2017-12-25Growing up in freezing Vermont, Bentley would identify snowflakes that he liked, before brushing the others away with a turkey feather. He would then transfer the snowflake onto a microscope slide, holding his breath to prevent his specimen from melting i
- 2017-12-20Japanese artist Makoto Azuma uses nature -- from flowers to fungi and bonsai -- to create unique "living art". Trained as a florist, Azuma says he is both a florist and an artist.
- 2017-12-20Scroll through the gallery for works by Japanese photographer Mari Katayama.
- 2017-12-20Washington DC-based portrait photographer Stephen Voss started photographing bonsai in 2014, as a personal side project. One of the US National Arboretum's most spectacular bonsai, this Japanese white pine survived the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. It
- 2017-12-20Artist Utagawa Kunisada was one of the first to popularize tattoos in woodblock prints in the 19th century. Here he's depicted three actors in various roles, their tattoos meant to evoke characters from the books and plays of the day.
- 2017-12-20Michitane Soma, the head of an 800-year-old samurai clan in Soma, Fukushima.
- 2017-12-13A new exhibition at Boston's Museum of Fine Arts explores the broad concept of family. In this shot, photographer Nan Goldin captures two drag queen friends in New York's East Village, with the goal of representing them as neither male nor femal
- 2017-12-08In "Lost + Found" and "Good News," his first new books in 11 year, photographer David LaChapelle explores the realities of modern life and the possibilities of life after death. Look through the gallery for a preview -- and see if you