CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for October - 2017
- 2017-10-31Death masks date back to ancient Egypt, where creating a sculpted mask to put on the deceased's face was very fashionable. Many famous names have had their faces cast, like actor James Dean.
- 2017-10-27Photographer Eiji Ohashi has spent nine years capturing vending machines in remote and sparsely populated locations on his native island of Hokkaido and across Japan. His best shots have been brought together in a book titled "Roadside Lights."
- 2017-10-26The photo series "Sniper," by British filmmaker Matt Hulse, was shot in North Korea, Hong Kong and Mongolia. The images were taken from high vantage points using a phone camera and a clip-on telescopic lens.
- 2017-10-25Photographer Laurent Kronental captures the inside of the controversial Aillaud Towers -- a utopian social housing project which today stands as if suspended in time.
- 2017-10-23For the last year, hundreds of artists have been preparing sculptures and artworks for the funeral of Thailand's late king, Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- 2017-10-19One of China's most prominent contemporary artists, Zeng Fanzhi, has recreated Van Gogh's self-portraits in a series of striking new paintings.
- 2017-10-18"Arched figure" (1993) by Louise Bourgeois
- 2017-10-16"Modernism on the Ganges: Raghubir Singh Photographs," a retrospective at New York's Met Breuer, presents the photographer's vibrant vision of his Indian homeland.
- 2017-10-12Pilot and photographer Henk Van Rensbergen travels the world in search of the most stunning and haunting abandoned ruins. This one, a monument erected in 1981 by the Bulgarian communist party to celebrate its history, is now falling to the elements.
- 2017-10-06"Cloud Layer" (2014)
- 2017-10-06"Ohne Titel (Untitled from the series 'Death Dance with Maiden')" (1979-1980) by Birgit J�rgenssen
- 2017-10-06"Shouting" is one of Xu's earlier works, where he let out screams in crowded public spaces and recorded people's reactions.
- 2017-10-04Eckert's work has attracted commissions from major brands, including Volkswagen and Swarovski.
- 2017-10-03Lauren Lovette in "Raymonda Variations" (Choreography George Balanchine).
- 2017-10-02Just 23 years old, Michael Xufu Huang is already a prominent collector and curator. Michael Xufu Huang, pictured alongside an installation by Swiss artist Pamela Rosenkranz, whose works feature in M Woods' extensive collection.