7 Things that happened at this year's British Fashion Awards
Last night, some of the biggest names in fashion were in London for the British Fashion Awards -- an annual event that has celebrated the contributions of British fashion figures to the international landscape since 1989.
Hosted at the historic London Coliseum, the evening saw American Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour present an overdue Outstanding Achievement Award to Karl Lagerfeld, Lady Gaga accept a Red Carpet award on Tom Ford's behalf and J.W. Anderson win both Menswear and Womenswear Designer of the Year.
Awards aside, here's what happened:
1. Comedian and host for the night Jack Whitehall on Kate Moss' now infamous easyJet escapade "Sometimes bitches be basic."
2. Patsy and Edina of Absolutely Fabulous (portrayed by Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders respectively) stole the show when they presented Stella McCartney with Brand of the Year: "She's been literally making bags from the pubic hair of wheat grass for years," quipped Eddie in reference to McCartney's eco-sensibilities.
Anna & Karl
3. Wintour told the audience about the time Lagerfeld -- who she called the "soul of fashion" and a "one-man superbrand" -- built a tennis court at his Biarritz home (on France's Basque coast) ahead of her arrival so she'd feel "more comfortable" when visiting. That's friendship.
4. CNN Style guest editor Olivier Rousteing's ode to Model of the Year Jourdan Dunn -- selfie-stick in hand -- included a special shout out to her ability to "twerk all night in really, really high heels and a really short bodycon dress."
5. Greek-born New Establishment Designer of the Year Mary Katrantzou revealed she's just applied for her British citizenship.
6. Soft-spoken Style Innovator FKA Twigs explained how her mother and grandmother inspired her own adventurous fashion sense.
7. Jonathan Anderson confided how surreal it felt to accept his menswear award from big-time crush Orlando Bloom.