Follow President Trump today
President Trump was asked if he should get a Nobel Peace Prize for the recent developments with North Korea.
"Everyone thinks so, but I would never say it," he said.
"You know what I want to do, I want to get it finished. The prize I want is victory for the world not for even here. I want victory for the world because that's what we're talking about, so that's that only I prize I want."
President Trump said a time and place has been set for the summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un.
However, that meeting will not take place at the DMZ, Trump just said.
He added that the administration will announce the time and location within the next few days.
Meanwhile, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is on his way back to the US from North Korea.
President Trump is meeting today with his Cabinet members after announcing that three American detainees were leaving North Korea and headed back to the US.
Here are a few things Trump may bring up:
- Kim Jong Un: Trump said a date and place has been set for his summit with the North Korea leader.
- American detainees: The detainees are on a plane right now with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who was in Pyongyang.
- Iran deal: President Trump announced yesterday that he is quitting the Iran nuclear deal, pitting him against the United States' closest allies and leaving the future of Tehran's nuclear ambitions in question.
- Michael Cohen: Special counsel investigators have questioned a Russian oligarch about hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments his company's US affiliate made to Trump's personal attorney after the election, according to a source familiar with the matter.
- Rudy Giuliani: Sources tell CNN that the President has been flustered by the onslaught of negative coverage generated by Giuliani, who has exacerbated his political troubles in recent days with a series of unscripted interviews.