President Trump hosts Indiana rally
Our live coverage has ended. Scroll down to see the highlights from President Trump's rally.
President Trump held a rally tonight in Elkhart, Indiana, following a busy week at the White House.
Almost immediately after taking the stage inside a packed middle school gymnasium, Trump hailed his recent foreign policy accomplishments, including securing the release of three American prisoners from North Korea.
If you missed it, here are Trump's key quotes:
- On the US-North Korea summit: "Something very good is going to happen."
- On getting along with Kim Jong Un: "The relationship is good."
- On the US' standing in the world: "America is being respected again."
- On protecting the Second Amendment: "Never believe that your Second Amendment is not under siege."
- On what gets you into a nuclear war: "You remember everybody in the fake news, when they were saying he's going to get us into a nuclear war? And you know what gets you into nuclear wars, and you know what gets you into other wars? Weakness."
- On voting in the Indiana midterm election: "Now if Joe Donnelly, Sleepin' Joe, and the Democrats get back into power, remember what I said, they will raise your taxes. ... They will destroy your jobs, and they are going to knock the hell out of your borders."
- On his plans for health care: "Wait till you see the plans we have coming out literally over the next four weeks. We have great health care plans coming out."
President Trump blasted the Iran deal tonight, calling it "disastrous" and embarrassing.
Trump, who announced this week his decision to pull the US out of the Iran deal, said his administration is imposing harsh and strong sanctions on Iran.
"I hope to be able to make a deal with them," Trump said. "A good deal, a fair deal."
He continued: "We cannot allow them to have nuclear weapons."
President Trump told his supporters at a rally in Indiana that their Second Amendment rights were "under siege."
"Never believe that your Second Amendment is not under siege," he said.
The President made the similar remarks while speaking to National Rifle Associate members in Dallas last week. Trump, while speaking at the NRA conference, said Second Amendment rights will never be under siege while he is president.
President Trump said his 2020 campaign slogan will be "Keep America Great" because "we're doing so well."
He said his current, "Make America Great Again," "wouldn't work out too well" when he starts campaigning in two years.
"It's going to be 'Keep America Great' because that's exactly where we are headed," Trump said.
President Trump, speaking in Elkhart tonight, said his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is good.
"I'll be meeting with Kim Jong Un to secure a future of peace and prosperity for the world and the relationship is good," he said.
He continued: "You remember everybody in the fake news, when they were saying he's going to get us into a nuclear war? And you know what gets you into nuclear wars, and you know what gets you into other wars? Weakness."
On the upcoming summit with North Korea, Trump said, "Something very good is going to happen."
Trump also mentioned how he greeted the three Americans who were detained in North Korea.
"We welcomed them back home the proper way," he said.
President Trump is speaking right now at a rally in Elkhart, Indiana.
Trump said "jobs are booming" and "confidence is soaring," as the US unlocks "opportunities for prosperity and peace."
"All of these changes are happening because America is being respected again," he said.