President Trump's former fixer Michael Cohen testified for hours in front of the House Oversight Committee today.
While much of the hearing was simply partisan jousting (Republicans tried to discredit Cohen, who pleaded guilty to lying to Congress, and Democrats sought to tease out details of Trump's role in hush money payments), we did learn quite a bit.
- Cohen said Trump spoke with Roger Stone about WikiLeaks.
- Cohen confirmed Trump directed him to pay off Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal.
- Cohen said Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow (and others) edited his congressional testimony in August 2017.
- Cohen said he briefed Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. a number of times about Trump Tower Moscow.
- Cohen made clear that Trump never directly asked him to lie to Congress.
- Cohen said he has never been to Prague.
- Hope Hicks called Cohen when the "Access Hollywood" tape broke.
- Cohen never sought a presidential pardon.