Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, a Democratic presidential candidate, just wrapped his CNN town hall where he addressed a host of issues, including climate change, health care and President Trump.
In case you missed it, here are five key quotes from Inslee's town hall:
- On Trump's false claim that noise from wind turbines cause cancer: “We can get a president of the United States that understands wind turbines don’t cause cancer, they cause jobs."
- On voting for the 1994 assault weapons ban: “I've never regretted that vote, because I do not believe any congressman’s or politician's seat is more important than any child’s life. And I fundamentally believe that.”
- On ending the filibuster: “We are not going to be able to get health care done or anything else for that matter, unless we get rid of the filibuster. I was the first candidate in this race running for president to be very unequivocal about this.”
- On grounding the Boeing 737 Max 8 plane: "This has been a painful thing for the people who make these airplanes. But I have to tell you, I would have grounded these jets much sooner."
- On Trump's world view: “He has a world view… of thinking that for him to win somebody else has to lose. And I really believe he extends that to our international policies.”