The packages sent today were mailed in manila envelopes, had six Forever stamps and labeled with the Florida return address of "DEBBIE WASSERMAN SHULTZ" (sic), the FBI said in a statement.
The FBI said the packages were addressed to:
- Former President Barack Obama
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- Former Attorney General Eric Holder
- Former CIA Director John Brennan, in the care of CNN
- Major Democratic donor George Soros
They said the packages were similar in appearance and contained what they described as "potentially destructive devices."