Communication services are slowly returning in some parts of Gaza after they were cut out across the Palestinian enclave, according to local providers.
“We would like to announce the gradual return of communication services (fixed, cellular, and Internet) to work in various areas of the Gaza Strip, after they were disconnected from the Israeli side,” Palestinian telecommunication company PalTel said on Monday.
Other telecoms operators, including JawwaL and Ooredoo Palestine, posted similar updates on Facebook.
Netblocks, an Internet monitoring firm, confirmed in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Monday that internet access was coming back online.
“Metrics show that internet connectivity is being restored in the #Gaza Strip after Sunday's near-total telecoms blackout, the second-longest observed since the onset of the present conflict with Israel; overall service remains significantly below pre-war levels,” the organization said.
Communications in Gaza had been disrupted on Sunday for a third time since October 7, with humanitarian organizations saying they were unable to reach employees inside the territory.
When asked by CNN to respond to previous communications outages, the Israeli military said they had no comment to offer.
In late October, Amnesty International said human rights organizations "have found it increasingly challenging to document violations due to the intensity of Israel’s attacks and restrictions on communications."


