CNN Site Map for Section Middle East (Galleries) for October - 2012
- 2012-10-28A woman prays during Eid prayers at the Badshahi Mosque in Lahore, Pakistan, on Saturday, October 27. Eid al-Adha, or the Feast of Sacrifice, marks the end of the annual Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and honors the Prophet Ibrahim's willin
- 2012-10-23British photojournalist Bradley Secker has spent the last five years documenting the realities of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) life in the Middle East. In an upcoming exhibition for London's Nour festival, Secker will present a colle
- 2012-10-22Smoke billows in Tripoli's Bab al-Tabanneh neighborhood during clashes between Alawites, an offshoot of Shiite Islam, and anti-government supporters on Monday, October 22. Fighting continued in Tripoli and Beirut, where a top police official was kill
- 2012-10-18Young Moroccan at the yearly Casa Music festival in Casablanca, on the country's western coast. The likes of 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, and Kanye West have headlined in recent years, reflecting a growing appetite for hip-hop music across the largely Arab
- 2012-10-15Hajar Hamdan tends to the plants in her greenhouse in Deheishe refugee camp near Bethlehem, West Bank. Women are mostly taking the lead in the greenhouse project.
- 2012-10-11An Iraqi policeman stands guard at a checkpoint in central Baghdad. It has been 10 months since U.S. combat troops left, but it is far from peace time in Iraq.
- 2012-10-04This photograph of a young girl dressed for Friday prayers at her mosque in Baku, Azerbaijan, is part of a series by American photographer Amanda Rivkin.
- 2012-10-04Issa Touma at the opening of the Aleppo Photo Festival on September 15, as fighting raged around the city.
- 2012-10-03The United Nations refugee agency said that the number of Syrian refugees in neighboring countries has more than tripled since June to over 300,000