CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for February - 2017
- 2017-02-28Stuffed animal sleepover programs have been conducted by libraries worldwide. A team of Japanese researchers recently found that the programs may encourage children to read.
- 2017-02-28A study shows cancer deaths in counties across the nation, revealing clusters that have lagged behind national cancer efforts. Deaths from all cancers in 2014 were highest along the Mississippi River, near the Kentucky-West Virginia border, western Alaska
- 2017-02-27Topping the list as a "critical priority," Acinetobacter baumannii is a common cause of hospital-acquired infections, picked up both in hospital and in healthcare settings, such as nursing homes.
- 2017-02-23Are you sure those extra pounds are caused by a lack of willpower, or could there be an underlying medical issue?
- 2017-02-22Although maple syrup contains some vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, the amounts in a typical serving are quite small. One tablespoon provides about 1% of your daily needs for calcium, potassium and iron.
- 2017-02-20Dr. Pirooz Eghtesady, cardiothoracic surgeon-in-chief at St. Louis Children's Hospital and his patient Spencer Kolman,15, in 2017. "Spencer did remarkably well," said Eghtesady of his young patient who underwent a heart-lung transplant last
- 2017-02-20Researchers for a study published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine in 2016 looked at 294 cases of peroxide ingestion over a 10-year period. They found that a large number of cases where patients swallowed high-concentration peroxide resulted in critica
- 2017-02-16This is an influenza virus particle, also known as a virion, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Virions are made up of an outer protein shell and an inner core of nucleic acid: in this case, eight single-stranded RNA segments.
- 2017-02-13Dilbireen Muhsin, a 2-year-old boy from Iraq's Yazidi community, was born in a refugee camp January 4, 2015.
- 2017-02-13Jordan Reeves, 11, was born with only part of her left arm. "She's a force to be reckoned with, one arm or two. It doesn't matter," her mom, Jen Reeves, said
- 2017-02-1010 things women need to know about heart attacks
- 2017-02-10Boy born with polymelia in India
- 2017-02-10We like the four-piece white meat chicken nuggets for smaller stomachs. Skip the fries and opt for apple slices to boost fiber and vitamin C. And adding low-fat milk delivers calcium and vitamin D for growing bones.
- 2017-02-08Tom Brady became the second-oldest NFL quarterback to win the Super Bowl this year, at 39. He also holds the record for most Super Bowl victories with five.
- 2017-02-07Women have many choices when it comes to avoiding pregnancy, but men have only two. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 99% of sexually active women used at least one contraceptive method at some point between 2006 and 2010. Here&
- 2017-02-06The bone broth in chicken soup contains collagen, which can help boost your immune system, in addition to amino acids and nutrients that help prevent inflammation.
- 2017-02-03A "Fresh Fit for Kids Meal" comes with a 4-inch sandwich. Our top pick is the roast beef mini, as it's the most protein-rich. The kids meal comes with apple slices (not pictured) and low-fat, calcium-rich milk, which is better than the frui
- 2017-02-01A study by the Silent Spring Institute found fluorinated chemicals in one-third of the fast food packaging tested. Previous studies have shown PFASs can migrate from food packaging into the food you eat. What types of packaging pose the greatest risk? Cli