- US President Joe Biden announced a ban on Russian energy imports to the US as Ukraine’s President urged the UK Parliament to strengthen sanctions against Moscow and vowed the country will "fight to the end."
- The US is sending two Patriot missile batteries to Poland as a "defensive deployment" to counter any potential threat to US and NATO allies. But the Pentagon has dismissed Poland's proposal to transfer their MiG-29 fighter jets to the US for delivery to Ukraine.
- About 5,000 people evacuated the city of Sumy on Tuesday, a Ukrainian official said. At least 21 civilians were killed in a Russian airstrike in the city Monday.
- At least 2 million refugees have fled Ukraine since the beginning of the invasion, the UN estimates.
- Want to help? Learn how to support humanitarian efforts in Ukraine here.
- Having connection issues? Bookmark CNN's lite site for fast connectivity. You can also read updates at CNN Español here.
Our live coverage of Russia's invasion of Ukraine has moved here.