CNN Underscored reviews financial products based on their overall value. We may receive a commission through our affiliate partners if you apply and are approved for a product, but our reporting is always independent and objective.
Bilt Rewards — the loyalty program behind the Bilt Mastercard® (see rates and fees) — has announced the May 1 edition of its monthly Rent Day promotion. This is Bilt’s monthly promotion that gives members double points on purchases and other rotating travel perks.
On May 1, Bilt Rewards members can transfer Bilt points to the Air France-KLM Flying Blue loyalty program with a 100% bonus. This effectively doubles transfers from Bilt Rewards, meaning that 10,000 Bilt points will transfer to 20,000 Flying Blue miles during this promotion. Combined with new Flying Blue Promo Rewards also launching on May 1, you can use the transfer bonus to fly to Europe for as few as 6,000 Bilt points each way.
Like all Rent Day promotions, these promotions are only valid on the first day of the month (May 1, 2023, in this case). Let’s take a closer look at this promotion and what you should know about maximizing the upcoming Bilt transfer bonus to Flying Blue.
Get double miles when you transfer to Flying Blue on Rent Day
Bilt has teamed up with Flying Blue — the loyalty program used by Air France and KLM — to offer a 100% transfer bonus on May 1, 2023. As discussed, this means you’ll get double the Flying Blue miles when you transfer Bilt points to Flying Blue during the promotion, cutting the costs of awards in half if you’re transferring points from Bilt.
This can be an excellent deal if you need to book an award flight on Air France, KLM or one of its SkyTeam partners like Delta Air Lines or Virgin Atlantic. Flying Blue prices all of its award tickets dynamically — meaning that prices can change by day, route and airline — but there are some solid deals to be found.
For example, you can book a one-way domestic flight on Delta for 10,500 miles on many short-haul flights. With the upcoming Bilt Rent Day transfer bonus, this drops to just 5,250 Bilt points.
Or, you can fly from the US to Europe for as few as 17,000 miles on many dates this November, bringing the cost down to just 8,500 Bilt points transferred on May 1.
Fly to Europe for less than 10,000 miles with Flying Blue Promo Rewards
However, this transfer bonus can be an even better deal when you combine it with one of Flying Blue’s monthly Promo Rewards.
Flying Blue releases a set of new Promo Rewards on the first of every month. These Promo Rewards let you book a ticket from specific cities to most cities in Europe at a heavily discounted rate. These can be in business class, premium economy and economy, depending on the month. You have until the end of the month to book your ticket, though you can travel until a set date.
Here’s a look at May’s Promo Rewards to/from Europe that you can book between May 1 and 31. Note that these prices are the Flying Blue prices without the Bilt transfer bonus. So if you’re transferring Bilt points to book on May 1, divide the price in half for the number of Bilt points you need to book.
- Europe to/from Boston starts at 11,250 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Chicago starts at 12,750 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Washington-Dulles starts at 12,750 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Miami starts at 12,750 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Dallas starts at 15,000 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Houston starts at 15,000 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Atlanta starts at 15,750 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Austin starts at 18,375 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Los Angeles starts at 20,250 Flying Blue miles one way
Premium economy flights
- Europe to/from Houston starts at 30,000 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Washington-Dulles starts at 22,500 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Newark starts at 22,500 Flying Blue miles one way
Business class flights
- Europe to/from Newark starts at 41,250 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Houston starts at 48,750 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Atlanta starts at 52,500 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Dallas starts at 52,500 Flying Blue miles one way
- Europe to/from Washington-Dulles starts at 52,500 Flying Blue miles one way
This means that — depending on when you fly — you might be able to transfer just 6,000 Bilt points to Flying Blue to book an economy flight between Boston and Europe, plus taxes and fees. Likewise, as few as 21,000 Bilt points could get you a business class flight from Newark to Europe.
Like with all Flying Blue Promo Rewards, you might not find awards at these prices every day. For your best shot at a cheap award, be flexible with your dates and destinations. Additionally, note that you must book by May 31, 2023 and fly by October 31, 2023.
Related: How I booked my $18,584 honeymoon business-class flights for less than $200.
Earn double points with the Bilt Mastercard on Rent Day
Every month on Rent Day, Bilt also gives members with the Bilt Mastercard a chance to earn double points on all purchases (excluding rent).
- 6 points per dollar on dining
- 4 points per dollar on travel (airlines, hotels, motels, resorts, cruise lines and car rental agencies)
- 2 points per dollar on all other purchases
So if you have a new restaurant you want to check out, flights to book or any other purchases to make, it could be worth waiting until May 1 to earn more points on your purchase. And if you’re dining at a restaurant that participates in Bilt Dining, you can increase your earnings to a whopping 11 points per dollar.
Related: Earn travel rewards just for paying your rent with the Bilt Mastercard
It’s great to see another lucrative Rent Day promotion from Bilt. Remember, the transfer bonus to Flying Blue is only valid on May 1, 2023. Likewise, you can only earn double points with the Bilt Mastercard on Rent Day, which gives you a large return on travel and dining purchases.
Consider combining the Flying Blue transfer bonus with the European loyalty program’s upcoming Promo Rewards. Flights to Europe start at just 11,250 miles one way when you book between May 1 and 31, meaning you can use as few as 6,000 Bilt points if you transfer them to Flying Blue on May 1.
Learn more and apply now for the Bilt Mastercard.
Find out which cards CNN Underscored chose as our best credit cards currently available.
Get all the latest personal finance deals, news and advice at CNN Underscored Money.