The trading week is over. Records were broken -- twice! Here's what's next for investors.
- Economic data will be the name of the game, with consumer confidence and the jobs report on deck.
- The Federal Reserve is holding its two-day meeting and will deliver its interest rate decision and policy update on Wednesday.
- European data will include economic sentiment on Monday and GDP on Tuesday, while two different China manufacturing numbers are also due.
- Google, Apple, GE, Yum Brands, Under Armour and Dunkin' report first quarter earnings among others.
- Japan’s markets are closed until May 6 for Golden Week. The holiday goes for six days in a row this year for the first time ever, and that could lead to volatility in Asian markets.