How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: The command center for breaking news, politics and extraordinary reports from around the world.
- Trump and Biden campaign in Midwest battleground statesWith the election only four days away, more than 60% of the total 2016 turnout has already been cast.
Wrapping up his swing of Midwestern states, Trump pushes new conspiracy theory that doctors are overcounting COVID deaths to make more money. Meanwhile, Biden, on his own tour of the Midwest, continues making his vow to shut down the virus.
Fresh off the campaign trail for Joe Biden, Wolf goes one-on-one with former presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg.
New key coronavirus model pre...Show moredicts 400,000 deaths by February as the daily infection rate hits an all-time high.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 31, 2020
- Trump & Biden Hold Dueling Rallies in Florida in Final SprintBiden tells rally crowd: “if Florida goes blue, its over. 80+million ballots have already been cast so far representing more than a third of registered voters. US tops 228,000 Covid deaths, nears 9 million cases as no state is trending in the right direction. Trump cancels rally in North Carolina due to weather. White House Chief of Staff Meadows deflects question on why the administration isn’t following its own pandemic guidelines, talks about sanitizer instead. Dr. Birx cedes White House turf...Show more to Atlas, travels instead to spread her public health message. Record economic growth last quarter, but US still hard hit by pandemic. Obama to join Biden on trail for campaign’s final weekend. Supreme Court allows extension for mail-in ballots in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Two people in Michigan charged for involvement in white supremacist group. Two people who attended Trump rally in North Carolina test positive for coronavirus. Dr. Fauci warns, “whole lot of pain” in coming months. White House task force warns of “unrelenting, broad community spread of virus in midwest, upper midwest and west. 13 states reporting record numbers of hospitalizations. US averaging 74,000 new cases per day. Former FDA chief warns US might see 100,000+ new infections per day within a week or two.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 30, 2020
- Record 74+ Million Early Ballots Cast 6 Days Before ElectionMore than 74 million voters have cast their early ballots with only 6 days to go until the presidential election. That number represents more than half of the total number of votes cast in the 2016 Presidential Election.
Covid-19 cases are steadily rising in the United States. On Wednesday, the death toll rose to more than 227,000 people, along with 8.8 million cases. Dr. Anthony Fauci says, a coronavirus vaccine will not be available until January 2021 at the “earliest”.
Despite the rise...Show more in cases, the White House lists ending the pandemic as one of the Trump administration’s accomplishments. The White House made the claim in a press release Wednesday.
President Trump is fighting to hold on to Arizona, a key battleground state and a Covid-19 hot spot. Wednesday. Many of his supporters weren’t wearing masks or social distancing.
Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden is attacking the President's record on his handling of the coronavirus pandemic. While campaigning in his home state of Delaware Wednesday, he said in part, the White House's claim that Mr. Trump ended the pandemic was an "insult to every American who lost a loved one to the virus... "
National Polls still show Biden in the lead.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 29, 2020
- Trump on Defense One Week Before Election, Campaigning in 3 States He Won in 2016President Donald Trump is playing defense in three key states where he won the presidency in 2016. He visited Wisconsin, the epicenter of America's quickening viral surge, along with Michigan and Nebraska on Tuesday.
During his three-state swing, he spoke about how he is "working his a** off." He also attempted to create the impression that the pandemic is over, as cases continuously rise.
Now, more than 226 thousand Americans have lost their lives to Covid-19. The country is facing m...Show moreore than 8.7 million cases as the daily average of new cases hits another record high.
President Barack Obama criticized Trump's Covid-19 response. On Tuesday, during a speech for Biden in Florida, he said in part, "He's jealous of Covid's media coverage."
Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden is trying to expand the Democratic electoral map. He campaigned in the critical battleground state of Georgia. No Democratic presidential candidate has won that state since Bill Clinton did in 1992. On Friday, Biden will travel to Iowa and Wisconsin in an effort to flip the states Trump won.
A record 66 million people have already cast their votes with less than one week left until the election.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 28, 2020
- Trump & Biden Campaign in Must Win Battleground State of PennsylvaniaU.S. Tops 225,000 Covid Deaths, 8.6 million cases as daily case average hits high point of pandemic. U.S. hits Covid record, averaging 68,700+ daily cases as multiple states report record hospitalizations. Trump again says the virus is under control while his chief of staff says you can’t control the pandemic. Trump and Biden are both campaigning in Pennsylvania today. Trump holds 3 rallies today in frantic fight for must win Pennsylvania. Trump threatens Pennsylvania Governor, claiming that he ...Show moremade it hard to find rally venues. Record breaking 60+ million ballots have already been cast 8 days before the election. Vice President Pence hits the campaign trail despite Covid-19 concerns after at least 5 staffers tested positive for coronavirus. Jared Kushner says: black Americans must “want to be successful”. Senate will vote soon to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court; the White House will host a swearing in ceremony in spite of super spreader event last month. Stocks tumble as Covid-19 cases surge, stimulus nowhere to be found. Biden to travel to Iowa & Wisconsin Friday in an effort to flip states Trump won. Wolf goes one on one with New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. Key states emerge as critical to electoral college win. Democrats focus on key races in push to win Senate majority.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 27, 2020
- Biden: Trump has "given up" on fighting pandemicWith the U.S. nearing 224,000 deaths and 8.5 million cases of COVID-19, the campaigning for the White House continues with Trump in Florida and Biden in Delaware. To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 23, 2020
- FDA Approves Remdesivir for Hospitalized Covid-19 PatientsU.S. Coronavirus death toll tops 222,000 and 8.3 million cases with more than 1,000 deaths just in the last day. FDA approves Remdesivir for hospitalized Covid-19 patients; becomes the first approved Covid treatment in U.S.. Study shows that up to 210,000 lives could have been saved with a more robust federal response.
Wolf goes one on one with White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows prior to tonights final Presidential Debate. Meadows sheds some light on ongoing stimulus talks. Trump tests n...Show moreegative for Coronavirus en route to debate. White House says, Trump may disregard some questions and attack Biden’s record on China. Biden vows to create commission to study expanding Supreme Court. Wolf talks with Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms on what Biden needs to do tonight. Candidates microphones will be muted during portions of night. Trump claims “bias, hatred, rudeness” by 60 minutes, says tonight’s moderator is “far worse”. Feds say Russian state sponsored hackers successfully stole data from state & local governments, but there is no indication that election systems were compromised. A look at how Florida will play a critical role in the fight for electoral votes.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 23, 2020
- U.S. Tops 221,0000 Deaths and 8.3 Million Cases; Not One State is Trending in the Right DirectionThe number of coronavirus deaths is growing in the United States. CNN confirmed there are now more than 221,000 people that have died from the disease, on Wednesday; along with 8.3 million cases.
President Barack Obama is making the case for Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden. He spoke out for the first time since the Democratic Convention Wednesday night in Philadelphia. With just days left until the Presidential election, more than 40 million early ballots have been cast.
In the...Show more closing days of his campaign, President Donald Trump appears to lash out against several targets including Dr. Anthony Fauci. He also spoke about his response to the Covid-19 pandemic during a taped town hall with Sinclair Television. Trump said he had no regrets about how he handled the pandemic. On Wednesday, the President also threatened via Twitter to release the 60-minutes interview he ended abruptly with Leslie Stahl.
The New York Times reported Mr. Trump's tax records to show he maintains a Chinese bank account and has pursued business projects in China for years.
The US Center for Disease and Control and Prevention has updated its guidelines for close Covid-19 contact. The new definition includes cumulative exposures.
Several states are working to contain the rising Covid-19 spikes across the country. To do so, states such as Illinois, New Mexico, and Washington, D.C. are implementing new Covid-19 restrictions.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 22, 2020
- With the second debate drawing near, the U.S. coronavirus death toll nears 221,000With the second COVID-19 wave surging, both presidential candidates announce preparations for the upcoming debate. Supreme Court allows Pennsylvania to count ballots received after Election Day. Trump demands Attorney General Barr launch an investigation into Hunter Biden. With Election Day only two weeks away, nearly 32 million votes have already been cast. To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 21, 2020
- U.S. Coronavirus Deaths Top 220,000 With 8.2 Million Cases.U.S. coronavirus deaths top 220,000 with 8.2 Million cases. as experts warns "darkest" weeks ahead.More than 28 million early voting ballots has been cast 15 days before election.Pelosi set tomorrow as deadline for stimulus deal before election. To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 20, 2020