How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
State of the Union with Jake Tapper
Hosted by CNN's Jake Tapper, State of the Union features interviews with top newsmakers on politics and policy - covering Washington, the country and the world.
- Interview with top Biden adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci; Interview with Texas Rep. Michael McCaul; Interview with Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson; Interview with Washington Rep. Pramila JayapalFirst, Dana asks Dr. Anthony Fauci about the vaccine rollout in the United States, the efforts to reopen America’s schools and whether Americans will still be wearing masks in 2022. Then, Dana talks with Texas Rep. Michael McCaul about the latest on the power failure and water crisis after extreme winter weather in his state. Next, Dana interviews Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson about the future of the Republican Party and former President Trump’s role in it. Finally, Washington Rep. Pramila Jayapa...Show morel tells Dana about her progressive priorities in the virus relief legislation.Feb 21, 2021
- Interview with Impeachment Manager Del. Stacey Plaskett; Interview with Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy; Interview with Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan; Interview with CDC Director Dr. Rochelle WalenskyFirst, Jake talks to impeachment manager Del. Stacey Plaskett about former President Trump’s acquittal. Then, Jake asks Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy about Senate Democrats’ decision not to call witnesses in the trial. Next, Republican Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland reflects on the GOP’s future and says he would have voted to convict Trump. Then, Jake presses CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky about the new guidelines for reopening schools and when every American will be able to get vaccinated. Fi...Show morenally, Jake comments on the controversy over New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s handling of coronavirus deaths in nursing homes.Feb 14, 2021
- Interview with Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen; Interview with Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey; Interview with Budget Committee Chairman Sen. Bernie Sanders; Interview with Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna PressleyFirst, Jake talks to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen about President Biden’s $1.9 trillion covid relief package, amid criticism from Republicans and some Democrats that it’s too big. Next, Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey responds to Yellen and also looks ahead to the start of former President Trump’s second impeachment trial in the Senate this week. Then, Jake asks Budget Committee Chairman Sen. Bernie Sanders about calls to make stimulus checks more targeted and leave his proposed minimum wage hik...Show moree out of the covid bill. Finally, Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley joins Jake to reflect on her experience during the Capitol attack one month ago.Feb 7, 2021
- Interview with top Biden economic adviser Brian Deese; Interview with Republican Sen. Rob Portman; Interview with Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren; Interview with Arizona Gov. Doug DuceyFirst, Dana presses President Biden’s top economic adviser on whether the administration is serious about finding a bipartisan covid relief bill. Next, Dana talks to Republican Sen. Rob Portman about the GOP’s covid counterproposal and his surprise retirement announcement. Then, Dana discusses the implications of the chaos on Wall Street with Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren. Finally, Dana asks Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey about facing former President Trump’s intense criticism after refusing to thro...Show morew out his state’s election resultsJan 31, 2021
- Interview with Biden’s Health Secretary nominee Xavier Becerra; Interview with Republican Sen. Mitt Romney; Interview with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders; Interview with Impeachment Manager Rep. Madeleine DeanFirst, Dana presses Biden’s nominee for HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra on what steps the administration is taking to improve the vaccine rollout in the US. Then, Dana asks Republican Sen. Mitt Romney if his party is willing to work with Democrats on another round of stimulus. Next, Dana talks with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders about what he’s prepared to do to get President Biden’s agenda through Congress, as well as his newfound status as an internet meme. Then, Dana previews former President Trump...Show more’s upcoming Senate trial with impeachment manager Rep. Madeleine Dean. Finally, Dana reflects on her time at CNN as she takes on a new role with “State of the Union.”Jan 24, 2021
- Interview with Lead Impeachment Manager Rep. Jamie Raskin; Interview with incoming Biden chief of staff Ron Klain; Interview with former Trump national security adviser H.R. McMaster; Interview with Democratic Whip Sen. Dick Durbin; Jake on Trump’s lies spreading like the virusFirst, Jake interviews Lead Impeachment Manager Rep. Jamie Raskin on his strategy for the Senate trial and the loss of his 25-year-old son to depression. Then, Jake interviews incoming Biden chief of staff Ron Klain on the President-elect’s inaugural message and plan to end the pandemic. Next, Jake talks with former Trump national security adviser H.R. McMaster about the riots at the Capitol on January 6. Then, Jake interviews Democratic Whip Sen. Dick Durbin on how the Senate can balance the im...Show morepeachment trial and coronavirus relief. Finally, Jake explains how Trump’s lies spread like the virus he’s ignored for months.Jan 17, 2021
- Interview with House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn; Interview with Republican Sen. Pat Toomey; Interview with Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan; Interview with Democratic Sen. Joe ManchinFirst, House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn joins Jake to preview House Democrats’ plan to impeach President Trump for the second time. Then, Jake presses Republican Sen. Pat Toomey about what responsibility his party bears for the attack on the Capitol. Next, Jake asks Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan why the Pentagon delayed his efforts to mobilize the Maryland National Guard to send to Washington. Then, Jake talks to Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin on if the House and Senate should proceed with impeac...Show morehing President Trump in his last days in office. Finally, Jake closes with a message for Republican leaders who supported President Trump’s efforts to overturn the election.Jan 10, 2021
- Interview with US Surgeon General Jerome Adams; Interview with Republican Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio; Interview with Democratic Senate candidate Jon Ossoff of Georgia; Interview with Georgia Democrat Stacey AbramsFirst, Jake presses US Surgeon General Jerome Adams on the slow rollout of the coronavirus vaccine and whether to expect a surge in cases after the holidays. Then, Jake spars with Republican Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio about GOP efforts in Congress to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Next, Jake asks Democratic Senate candidate Jon Ossoff of Georgia and Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams about Tuesday’s runoff election for control of the senate. Finally, Jake takes on what the GOP...Show more election fight means for the role of American democracy in the world.
Jan 3, 2021
- Interview with NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci; Interview with Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan; Interview with GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger; Interview with incoming progressive lawmakers Jamaal Bowman and Cori BushFirst, Dana talks to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci about the vaccine rollout and if Americans should expect a post-holiday covid surge. Next, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan join Dana to reflect on their handling of the pandemic and what still needs to be done. Then, Dana asks Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger of Illinois about what Congress is going to do if President Trump refuses to sign the coronavirus relief bill. Finally, incoming progressive lawmakers J...Show moreamaal Bowman and Cori Bush join Dana to discuss how they plan to push their priorities through a closely-divided Congress.Dec 27, 2020
- Interview with Operation Warp Speed chief scientific adviser Moncef Slaoui; Interview with Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah; Interview with Transportation Secretary-designate Pete Buttigieg; Interview with former CISA Director Chris Krebs.First, Jake talks with Operation Warp Speed chief scientific adviser Moncef Slaoui on the latest efforts to distribute the coronavirus vaccine. Then, Jake interviews Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah on negotiations for a coronavirus relief bill in Congress and the Trump administration’s response to the cyberattack. Next, Jake asks Transportation Secretary-designate Pete Buttigieg about his priorities in a Biden administration. Finally, Jake talks with former CISA Director Chris Krebs about wh...Show moreo is responsible for the cyberattack against the United States.Dec 20, 2020