How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
State of the Union with Jake Tapper
Hosted by CNN's Jake Tapper, State of the Union features interviews with top newsmakers on politics and policy - covering Washington, the country and the world.
- Interview with White House chief of staff Mark Meadows; Interview with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi; Interview with Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez; Tapper on the virus warning that was silenced102520First, Jake presses White House chief of staff Mark Meadows on the latest outbreak of the coronavirus in the Vice President's inner circle and surging virus counts across the country. Then, Jake asks Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi about the latest in the deadlocked stimulus negotiations in Congress and her plans to run for Speaker again in 2021. Next, Jake talks with Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez about where she disagrees with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden just nine days ...Show morefrom Election Day. Finally, Jake remembers the early coronavirus warning from a CDC official that was silenced.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 25, 2020
- Interview with senior Trump campaign adviser Lara Trump; Interview with Delaware Sen. Chris Coons; Interview with Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker; Interview with CNN's Fareed ZakariaFirst, Jake presses senior Trump campaign adviser Lara Trump on President Trump's rallies amid the coronavirus pandemic and the 2020 presidential election. Next, Jake talks with Delaware Sen. Chris Coons about the Biden campaign and confirmation hearings for Judge Amy Coney Barrett. Then, Jake asks Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker about rising coronavirus cases in his state. Then, Jake talks with CNN's Fareed Zakaria about what the world will looks like after the coronavirus pandemic ends. Finally, J...Show moreake takes a look at how the White House is marking "Character Counts" week.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 18, 2020
- Interview with White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow; Interview with Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield; Interview with Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hirono; Interview with Arkansas Gov. Asa HutchinsonFirst, Jake presses White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on President Trump's constantly shifting position on a potential stimulus deal with Congress. Next, Jake asks Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield why Biden won't say if he supports expanding the Supreme Court. Then, Jake talks to Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hirono about Democrats' strategy to oppose President Trump's Supreme Court pick, Judge Amy Coney Barrett. Finally, Jake talks with Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson about the troubling...Show more spike in coronavirus cases in his state.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 11, 2020
- Interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta; Interview with Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine; Interview with Biden Campaign Senior Adviser Symone Sanders; Interview with Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer; Interview with former Trump Deputy Campaign Manager Rick GatesFirst, Jake talks to CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta about the White House's mixed messaging on President Trump's condition. Then, Jake asks Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine about the possibility President Trump was contagious at the debate in his state. Next, Jake presses Biden campaign senior adviser Symone Sanders on how often Joe Biden will be tested for coronavirus. Then, Jake asks Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer about the troubling spike in coronavirus cases in her state. Next, Jake t...Show morealks to former Trump deputy campaign manager Rick Gates about his role at the heart of the Mueller investigation. Finally, Jake reflects on President Trump's coronavirus diagnosis.
To learn more about how CNN protects listener privacy, visit cnn.com/privacyOct 4, 2020
- Interview with Jill Biden; Interview with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Interview with Sen. Tom Cotton; Interview with Sen. Joe Manchin; Interview with former Daily Show host Jon Stewart, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, and Burn Pits 360 co-founder Rosie TorresFirst, Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's reacts to President Trump's nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. Next, Jake presses Republican Sen. Tom Cotton on the GOP push to confirm Barrett just days before the election. Then, Jake pushes Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin on the effort by some in his party to expand the size of the Supreme Court. Next, Jake sits down with former Second Lady Jill Biden ahead of the first presidential debate. Finally, Jake talks with for...Show moremer Daily Show host Jon Stewart, New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, and co-founder of Burn Bits 360 Rosie Torres about their efforts on behalf of sick veterans.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 27, 2020
- Interview with former President Bill Clinton; Interview with Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar; Interview with White House aide Marc Short; Interview with Admiral Brett Giroir; Interviews with Nina Totenberg of NPR, Joan Biskupic of CNN and Irin Carmon of New York MagazineFirst, Jake talks with former President Bill Clinton about the life and legacy of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Then, he interviews Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar and White House aide Marc Short about what comes next for the vacant high court seat. Next, Jake interviews Admiral Brett Giroir on the coronavirus death toll approaching 200,000 in the United States. Finally, Supreme Court reporters Nina Totenberg of NPR, Joan Biskupic of CNN and Irin Carmon of New York Magazine join Jake ...Show moreto reflect on Ginsburg's tenure on the Supreme Court.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 20, 2020
- Interview with Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti; Interview with White House Trade Adviser Peter Navarro; Interview with Florida Rep. Val DemingsFirst, Jake asks Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti about the record wildfires ravaging California, as well as President Trump's response to the crisis. Next, Jake confronts White House Trade Adviser Peter Navarro about the President's decision to downplay the risk from the coronavirus early on. Then, Jake presses Democratic Rep. Val Demings of Florida about Congress's failure to reach a coronavirus relief deal. Finally, Jake comments on the controversy surrounding Disney's film "Mulan."
See om...Show morenystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 13, 2020
- Interview with Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee Sen. Kamala Harris; Interview with Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert WilkieFirst, Dana sits down for an exclusive wide-ranging interview with Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris. They discuss President Trump's coronavirus response and promises of a vaccine by the end of the year, the national debate over criminal justice reform, campaigning during a pandemic and much more. Then, Dana presses Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie on reports that President Trump privately denigrated and demeaned service members killed in combat.
See omnystudio.c...Show moreom/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 6, 2020
- Interview with Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson; Interview with House Intel Chair Rep. Adam Schiff; Interview with CBC Chair Rep. Karen Bass; Interview with FEMA Administrator Peter Gaynor; Interview with WNBA star Nneka OgwumikeFirst, Dana presses Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson on if President Trump is inflaming tensions following violence in Wisconsin and Oregon. Then, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff responds to the White House decision to cancel in-person election briefings for Congress. Next, Dana asks Congressional Black Caucus Chair Karen Bass about President Trump's response to the shooting of Jacob Blake. Then, Dana talks to FEMA Administrator Peter Gaynor about the damage from Hurricane Laura and ...Show morethe ongoing coronavirus relief efforts. Finally, Dana talks the Women's National Basketball Players Association president Nneka Ogwumike about the historic protests in the sports world against police violence.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Aug 30, 2020
- Interview with Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf; Interview with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Interview with Former White House Communications Director Anthony ScaramucciFirst, Jake presses Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf on President Trump's "law and order" messaging and his attacks on mail-in voting. Then, Jake talks to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi about Democrats' efforts to approve additional Postal Service funds amid stalled coronavirus aid negotiations. Finally, Jake asks former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci about what to expect from the Republican National Convention.Aug 23, 2020