How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
Each weekday, John King and his panel of well-sourced reporters bring you the most important political stories of the day. On the weekend, Abby Phillip kicks off CNN's Sunday morning political programming with Inside Politics Sunday. John and Abby get answers from the people making headlines, explain the political that stories matter, and report on how the news will impact you.
- Biden’s Big Cut DownThe President dramatically narrows his agenda to try to force a deal. Universal Pre-K is in. Free two-year college is out. Plus: Congress moves another step closer to holding a key Trump ally in contempt, while the Republican leading the Jan 6 committee suggests the former Prez was perhaps personally responsible for planning the Capitol riots.Oct 20, 2021
- Bannon & Trump: The Defiant OnesThe committee investigating the Jan 6 insurrection plans to hold Trump ally Steve Bannon in contempt, as the former President sues to stop that committee from getting access to his records. Plus, America’s first 4-star transgender woman.Oct 19, 2021
- Gen. Colin Powell Dead At 84 Of COVID ComplicationsAn in-depth look at the remarkable trailblazer, who was the first African-American to serve as National Security Adviser, then the first African-American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, and then the first African-American Secretary of State.Oct 18, 2021
- Mounting Problems Test Biden's PresidencyIt's a crossroads moment for Joe Biden -- these next few weeks could make or break his presidency as he tries to fix a broken supply chain, prevent a new Covid surge, and pass his domestic agenda through a divided Congress.
Plus, the January 6 select committee moves to hold Steve Bannon in criminal contempt for defying a congressional subpoena.
And all eyes on the Virginia gubernatorial election as Democrats call in the heavy hitters to make the case for Terry McAuliffe -- but will it be e...Show morenough to get him over the finish line?
CNN’s Phil Mattingly anchors.
On today’s show: CNN’s Melanie Zanona, Jeff Mason of Reuters, Jackie Kucinich of The Daily Beast, Toluse Olorunnipa of The Washington Post, and Kimberly Adams of MarketplaceOct 17, 2021
- January 6 Committee Gets AggressiveThe January 6 Select Committee flexes its legal muscles, seeking criminal charges against top Trump adviser Steve Bannon after he failed to attend his deposition, with the chairman saying he has not ruled out a subpoena for Donald Trump himself.
The FDA meets today to decide whether to authorize a booster shot for Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine with a new study showing mixing and matching vaccines and boosters between the three different brands can increase their efficacy.
Bill Clint...Show moreon is admitted to hospital following a urinary tract infection which has spread to his bloodstream. A spokesman for the former president says he is ‘on the mend’.Oct 15, 2021
- Can You Mix & Match Your Covid-19 Vaccine?The FDA meets this week to discuss boosters for the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines, and the efficacy of mixing boosters from different vaccine brands. Later, President Biden speaks from the White House on the significant progress America has made in tackling Covid-19, and the challenges which still remain.
In a bizarre new ultimatum, former President Trump says unless the 2020 election results are changed to his liking by the GOP ‘fixing’ his claims of election ‘fraud’, Republican vot...Show moreers should stay at home in 2022 and 2024. That, as we see defiance from two key Trump allies with Steve Bannon and Kash Patel failing to appear before the January 6 Select Committee, and possibly facing legal repercussions.Oct 14, 2021
- Subpoena Showdown For Trump AlliesThere’s a subpoena showdown as the January 6 Select Committee investigating the insurrection warns that for Trump allies who refuse to cooperate, criminal referrals will come fast.
As Biden faces the challenge of selling his ambitious agenda, new CNN polling shows that while 50% of Americans approve of Biden’s job as President, only 25% see his safety net and climate change proposals actually helping them.
William Shatner boldly goes to the edge of space as a tourist. Now back on Earth, th...Show moree 90-year-old actor reflects on the historic journey he took with Jeff Bezos.Oct 13, 2021
- Raiders Coach Resigns In DisgraceJon Gruden of the Las Vegas Raiders, has resigned following a New York Times report detailing his use of homophobic, misogynistic & racist language in professional emails sent over seven years. Gruden, who opposed supporting those who kneeled for racial injustice and criticized the drafting of gay players, also shared naked photos of an NFL cheerleader with an NFL executive.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott bans any and all businesses in the state from mandating the Covid-19 vaccine after recently ...Show moresaying government should not tell private business what to do. But with Abbott up for up for re-election next year and the Republican also considering a national run in 2024, this new executive order puts him in sync with the anti-mandate right.Oct 12, 2021
- Trump's Team To Appear Before January 6 CommitteeMembers of Trump’s top team are to give closed-door depositions to the January 6 Select Committee today. With some of his allies still defying subpoenas and open support from leading Republicans, Trump continues to sell his big lie, making the search for the truth about his efforts to overturn the 2020 election even more essential. Will the Committee use every power available to them to ensure those avoiding scrutiny cooperate?
A new study shows that Democratic-led states have seen a slower s...Show morepread of Covid-19, thought to be because of their Governors’ proactive roles in upholding mask mandates, promoting testing, and keeping their states closed for relatively long periods of time. That, as pharmaceutical company Merck seeks emergency use authorization from the FDA for its pill which treats severe Covid-19 symptoms.Oct 11, 2021
- Sunday October 10: Trump's Iowa rally signals possible 2024 runThe next presidential election is still three years away, but former President Trump is making sure ambitious Republicans know he's not yet leaving the political stage. Still, Trump--and his core supporters-- remain fixated on 2020 election lies.
Plus, what's in and what's out? Democrats debate what programs to include in a slimmer economic plan.
And decreasing cases, hospitalizations and deaths suggest the worst of the Delta-fueled summer surge may be behind us.
On today's panel: CNN's...Show more Lauren Fox, CNN's Michael Warren, Jeff Stein of the Washington Post, CNN's Eva McKend, Tamara Keith of NPR, CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen.Oct 10, 2021