How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- CNN Tonight Update For January 17, 2022There is no new episode of the CNN Tonight showcast. If you haven’t already, please check out CNN’s other podcasts and showcasts at cnn.com/audio.Jan 18, 2022
- House GOP Leader McCarthy’s Insurrection AmnesiaKevin McCarthy claims he cannot remember key phone calls between himself and Trump during and after the insurrection, but the timeline of his previous public remarks about the former president admitting he bore some blame for the Capitol attack tell a different story.
Also tonight, the GOP lawmakers who refuse to testify: what are McCarthy, Perry and Jordan hiding about January 6, and will they be subpoenaed? Plus, Oath Keepers leader pleads not guilty to seditious conspiracy in the January 6...Show more attack, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis vows to fine hospitals that follow Biden’s vaccine mandate for health care workers and Novak Djokovic is detained by Australian border authorities after his visa is revoked for a second time.
Guests: Jan. 6 Select Committee member Rep. Pete Aguilar, attorney for Jan. 6 Select Committee Mary McCord, CNN Contributor Patrick McEnroe and CNN Chief Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin.
Hosted by Laura Coates.Jan 15, 2022
- Oath Keepers Indicted Over Capitol AttackThe DOJ indicts Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes and 10 others for "seditious conspiracy" relating to the January 6 insurrection. With the House Select Committee investigating January 6 now wanting to speak with the founder of the far-right militia group, Rhodes’ attorney joins to give his perspective on the details of this rare legal action and what his client’s defense might be.
The Supreme Court blocks the Biden Administration's vaccine rule for large businesses, but allows the mandate f...Show moreor some health care workers. Xavier Becerra Joins to discuss White House plans to cover the cost of Covid tests and the N95 mask supply chain. Is enough being done? Plus, the GOP plots an onslaught of Biden probes in the run up to 2024, including security failures around 1/6 and hearings on both the origin of the Covid pandemic and Hunter Biden.
Guests: January 6 Committee member Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D), CNN Law Enforcement Analyst Michael Fanone, Attorney for Oath Keepers Jonathon Moseley, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra and CNN Political Commentator Van Jones.
Hosted by Laura Coates.Jan 14, 2022
- House GOP Leader Refuses To Cooperate With January 6 InvestigationHouse GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy refuses to cooperate with the January 6 investigation, saying he won’t participate with the “abuse of power”. That, as two other Representatives, Jim Jordan and Scott Perry also decline to appear before the House Select Committee. What are they hiding?
Plus, GOP Senator Marsha Blackburn is under fire for her controversial comments criticizing the “rap sheet” of a black judicial nominee, Why Omicron is scary for E.R. doctors and tennis star Novak Djokovic admits...Show more he didn't immediately isolate after his positive Covid test.
Guests: Stanley Brand, John Dean, Cornell William Brooks, Dr. Craig Spencer and Bob Costas.
Hosted by Laura Coates.Jan 13, 2022
- Biden Pushes For Voting Rights In Battleground GeorgiaPresident Biden delivers his voting rights speech in Georgia, pushing for the Senate to change filibuster rules to pass the ‘Freedom to Vote Act’ and the ‘John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act’, saying, “I’m tired of being quiet”. But has Biden already lost the African American community within a year by not delivering on his promise to eliminate discriminatory voting practices, and what does it mean for voter turnout in the years to come?
As Republicans push for more voting restrictions i...Show moren Georgia, its Secretary of State joins to talk about election integrity and his views on non-citizens being allowed to vote. Plus, Dr. Fauci clashes with GOP Senators in a Covid response hearing and the Manhattan D.A. faces pushback from the NYPD after announcing he won’t prosecute certain crimes.
Guests: CEO of the The New Georgia Project Nsé Ufot, Georgia Secretary of State (R) Brad Raffensperger, Former member of Biden’s Covid-19 Advisory Board Dr Zeke Emanuel and CNN Senior Law Enforcement Analyst Charles Ramsey.
Hosted by Laura Coates.Jan 12, 2022
- CNN Tonight Update for January 3, 2022There is no new episode of the CNN Tonight showcast. If you haven’t already, please check out CNN’s other podcasts and showcasts at cnn.com/audio.Jan 4, 2022
- Should There Be A Vaccine Mandate For Airline Passengers?As some health experts raise concerns about the CDC’s failure to urge negative tests at the end of the new 5-day isolation period, Dr. Anthony Fauci joins to discuss the CDC’s decision. After, Dr Zeke Emmanuel joins to give his perspective on the growing debate on Covid vaccine mandates for airline passengers.
Plus, Legendary NFL coach and broadcaster John Madden dies at 85. CNN contributor Bob Costas joins to remember the icon’s career. And, as businesses push back return to work dates, Prof...Show moreessor Scott Galloway joins to talk about how remote working is affecting young male Americans.
Hosted by Michael Smerconish.Dec 29, 2021
- CDC Shortens Recommended Covid-19 Isolation TimeThe CDC shortens their recommended Covid isolation period for the asymptomatic from ten days to five. Dr. Ashish Jha, Dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, joins to discuss why he thinks the new CDC guidelines are what our country needs and why.
Plus, the GOP pushes to expand jobless benefits for workers who quit over vaccine mandates, the Association of Flight Attendants President Sara Nelson joins to call out the new CDC isolation guidelines, how Covid could reshape business...Show morees in 2022 and fentanyl overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18-45.
Hosted by Michael Smerconish.Dec 28, 2021
- Biden Briefed In October On Need To Ramp Up Rapid TestingWith the Omicron variant rapidly spreading and not nearly enough testing to meet the massive demand, a new report from "Vanity Fair" suggests the Biden administration dismissed a plan from experts to ramp up rapid testing months ago. But is that what really happened? Dr Michael Mina, who attended White House meeting where the proposal was made, joins to give his perspective.
Also tonight: former police officer Kim Potter is found guilty of manslaughter in the death of Daunte Wright, Philadelp...Show morehia faces a prosecutor shortage as hundreds leave the D.A.'s Office amid a record murder rate and as Trump pushes back on vaccine conspiracies, will his supporter base follow him?
Hosted by Michael Smerconish.Dec 24, 2021
- First Pill To Treat Covid AuthorizedA potentially game-changing Covid antiviral pill developed by Pfizer has been authorized by the FDA. Paxlovid, which is proven to significantly reduce Covid hospitalizations and death, will be available in January and has also been green-lighted for children aged 12 and older.
Also tonight: school closures across the U.S. mount amid the Omicron surge, Biden reiterates his plans to run in 2024 saying a Trump rematch would "increase the prospect", when does tough on crime go too far? A truck dr...Show moreiver is set to serve a 110-year prison sentence after a deadly crash in Colorado and Bob Costas joins to discuss vaccinations and sports leagues.
Guests: Dr. Peter Hotez, Joseph G. Allen, Bret Stephens and George Brauchler.
Hosted by Michael Smerconish.Dec 23, 2021