How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
For the first time in more than a year, many of us are ready to imagine the next chapter of our lives. Dr. Sanjay Gupta is on a mission to help us approach our new normal mindfully, finding a balance between self-care and productivity, and talking to doctors and researchers about the surprising science behind how we can thrive. It’s time to chase life again.
- Recipe for a Happy (and Healthy) ThanksgivingFor many of us, Thanksgiving means reuniting with friends or family we haven’t seen in a while. But before you gather around the dinner table, CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta has tips to share for keeping loved ones safe from Covid-19. Plus, Dr. Gupta invites us into his home where he and his daughters prepare a special family recipe that’s sure to warm up any holiday gathering.Nov 23, 2021
- Food as MedicineIs it possible that the right foods could prevent and even treat cancer? Or that a healthy diet could alleviate your depression and anxiety? CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta heads into the kitchen to explore how food can actually be a powerful medicine for our bodies and minds. Plus, psychiatrist, nutritionist and professional chef Dr. Uma Naidoo shares what everyday foods we should be eating to improve our health, and cooks us a brain-healthy dish perfect for Thanksgiving. You...Show more can find her recipe here: https://cnn.it/3wPOr3ANov 16, 2021
- Giving Kids a ShotCNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta talks to U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy about vaccinating younger children. They also get candid about the mental, physical and emotional tolls of the pandemic on our youth.Nov 9, 2021
- Breaking Up with Your Bad HabitsFrom doomscrolling to comfort food, bad habits are hard to break – so where do we begin? CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta explores the relationship between habits, addiction and anxiety with neuroscientist and psychiatrist Dr. Judson Brewer, from Sharecare and Brown University. They discuss the brain science behind forming and breaking habits, and Dr. Brewer explains why willpower doesn’t always work. Plus, we hear from listeners facing bad habits of their own and learn tips fo...Show morer living healthier, happier lives.Nov 2, 2021
- Facing Your FearsFear brings with it a kind of powerful temptation: people want to know fear, to confront it, and maybe even conquer it. In the lead up to Halloween, we're devoting an episode to all things scary. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta talks with psychologist Lisa Feldman Barrett about the science of fear, and how our approach to coping might be all wrong. We go deep inside the human brain and venture into a haunted house, to figure out why so many of us seek out fear, and what that ...Show morecan teach us about ourselves.Oct 26, 2021
- What Are You Waiting For?We’re always waiting for something, whether it’s in line for your morning coffee, on hold with customer service, or waiting for life-changing medical results. So how can we get better at waiting and make it feel less excruciating... maybe even fun? CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta talks with waiting expert Professor Kate Sweeny to understand the science of waiting, why we evolved to hate it, and what we can do to deal with waits in our day-to-day lives. Plus, get the inside sco...Show moreop from the so-called king of queues at Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
Oct 19, 2021
- The Power of NudgesWhat if we told you that every time you make a decision, there are subtle factors beyond your control that steer your choice? It turns out, the way the options are laid out for us – on restaurant menus or even government forms – has a significant impact on the choices we make. Once we understand how these so-called “nudges” work, we can use them to improve our lives: everything from managing exercise routines to curbing the opioid epidemic. CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta dive...Show mores into the science behind nudge theory with former White House nudge expert Maya Shankar, and takes a look at a nudge in action right now to help fight Covid-19.
Oct 12, 2021
- Trust MeTrust is hard to build and all too easily broken. It’s the essential foundation for all our relationships, and the glue that keeps our society together. But over the past two years, many Americans have lost trust in our government, our medical institution, and each other. On today’s episode, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta speaks with trust expert Professor Karen Cook about the reasons why we trust, how we can foster it, and how we can restore it when it’s been lost. And Dr. Sha...Show morentanu Nundy weighs in on why mistrust between doctors and patients is one of the biggest dangers facing public health today.
Oct 5, 2021
- Why Am I So Angry?As one of the few female rockstars of the 1970s and ‘80s, Joan Jett was frustrated by the misogyny and disrespect she experienced ... but rather than be consumed by her anger, she channeled it into her music with hits like “Bad Reputation.” And she’s not the only one who’s felt that experience of seeing red, especially now. There’s so much to be angry about in the United States: political divisiveness, an ongoing global pandemic, racial injustice, and even just everyday life not going as planned...Show more. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta talks with Joan Jett and anger expert Brad Bushman about why we experience anger in the first place and how we can make our anger work for us instead of against us. Plus, Dr. Gupta finds out one of the anger management strategies he’s been using his whole life is actually making it worse.Sep 28, 2021
- Preparing for the Next PandemicCovid-19 taught the world a tough lesson: if we aren't prepared for a viral threat, the consequences can be catastrophic. But what does it mean to be truly prepared? The question feels more urgent now that public health officials warn that many of us may experience another pandemic in our lifetimes. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta turns to former F.D.A. Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb, who anticipated our current crisis and offers specific recommendations for preventing the ne...Show morext one. They talk about why Dr. Gottlieb believes future pandemics should be viewed as a matter of national security, and what all of us can do to prepare in our own lives.Sep 21, 2021