How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- First 2020 presidential debate previewOn the eve of the first 2020 presidential debate, how are Pres. Trump and former Vice President Biden preparing and what do we know of how the debate will go? Anderson speaks with someone who has knowledge of how one would prepare to debate Pres. Trump, former Clinton Campaign Chairman John Podesta. Airdate: September 28, 2020 Guests: Arlette Saenz John Podesta See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.Sep 28, 2020
- NY Times: Trump paid no income taxes in 10 out of 15 years beginning in 2000Tax return data obtained by The New York Times shows Donald Trump reported he was losing significantly more money than he made and has paid no income taxes in 10 of the past 15 years beginning in 2000. President Trump claimed the report is “fake news” and said he pays “a lot” in federal income taxes. Tim O’Brien, Senior Columnist at Bloomberg Opinion and a Trump Biographer, joins AC360 and says “the taxes show that he’s an abysmally bad businessman and deal maker but someone who’s not shy at all...Show more about bending the tax code to the point that the IRS is now auditing him.” Plus, with the first 2020 presidential debate days away, John Kasich, former Republican Ohio Governor and 2016 Presidential Candidate, who debated Trump, tells Anderson Cooper you can’t go into the gutter and “start throwing mud” because you’ll lose.
Airdate: September 27, 2020
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 27, 2020
- Attorney for Breonna Taylor’s family on seeking grand jury transcriptsOn a third night of protests in Louisville, Kentucky, Lonita Baker, an attorney for Breonna Taylor's family joins Anderson to discuss the family’s reaction to no officer being directly charged in the shooting death. She also shares the family's message to protestors and why they are seeking the grand jury’s transcripts. Airdate: September 25, 2020 Guest: Lonita Baker See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 25, 2020
- Attorney for Breonna Taylor’s family reacts to grand jury’s decisionThe attorney for Breonna Taylor's family, Benjamin Crump, joins Anderson to discuss the family's reaction to a grand jury’s decision to charge one officer with “wanton endangerment.” But that officer and the two others involved in the case do not face any charges related to Taylor’s death. Airdate: September 24, 2020 Guest: Benjamin Crump See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 24, 2020
- Reaction to grand jury’s decision on Breonna Taylor’s deathProtesters took to the streets in Louisville and other cities after no police officers were directly charged in the death of Breonna Taylor.
The 26-year-old emergency room technician was killed in a botched police raid back in March.
The former detective who was charged today is accused of "wanton endangerment" for allegedly firing blindly through a door and window, with bullets entering an adjacent apartment. He has already posted bond and been released from jail.
Anderson spoke with Con...Show moregresswoman Karen Bass, chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, to get her reaction to the grand jury’s decision.
Airdate: September 23, 2020
Rep. Karen Bass
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 23, 2020
- Remembering Adeline Fagan, 28-year-old coronavirus victimDoctor Adeline Fagan was just 28 years old. She was in her second year of an OB/GYN residency at a hospital in Houston, where she also worked the front lines caring for Covid-19 patients.
In July, she tested positive for the virus. By August, she was on a ventilator.
Last week, she seemed to be turning a corner.
Then, on Friday night, she developed bleeding in her brain and died early Saturday with her parents by her side.
Her parents, Brant and Mary Jane Fagan, joined Anderson to re...Show moremember their daughter.
Airdate: September 22, 2020
Mary Anne Fagan
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 22, 2020
- Nearly 200,000 Americans killed by CoronavirusDr. Rebecca Shadowen was a specialist in infectious diseases and healthcare epidemiology in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
As a frontline doctor, she helped establish a coronavirus unit for her local hospital. She was also instrumental in assisting her local government deal with the disease when she was diagnosed with it back in May. She died on September 11th. Anderson spoke with her family.
Airdate: September 21, 2020
Dr. David Shadowen
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 21, 2020
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died due to complications of pancreas cancer at 87. Ginsburg died surrounded by her family. She was appointed by Bill Clinton in 1993 and has served as the most senior member of the court’s liberal wing. Betsy West, director of the documentary "RBG,” joins AC360 to discuss the life and legacy of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Airdate: September 18, 2020 Guest: Betsy West See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 18, 2020
- Trump: Redfield was "confused" and "made a mistake" on vaccine distribution timelineCDC Director Robert Redfield told a Senate Committee he thinks a Covid-19 vaccine won’t be available to the American public until the late second quarter or third quarter of 2021. When asked about Redfield’s comments, President Trump said he was “confused” and “made a mistake” and then went on to claim a vaccine could be ready by October. The CDC later said Redfield misunderstood the questions during the hearing and his 2021 vaccine comment was when all Americans would be vaccinated. Dr. Eric To...Show morepol, Executive Vice President at Scripps Research, tells Anderson Cooper he believes Dr. Redfield was telling the truth and “it’s like a circus act in the midst of an important pandemic.” Plus, Michael Caputo, the top spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services, who claimed, without evidence, the CDC has a “resistance unit” to work against the President, announced he’s taking a two-month "medical leave of absence” following his apology for the conspiracy-laden rant. Anthony Scaramucci, former White House Communications Director joins AC360 to react to Caputo’s comments and says when it’s corrupt at the top, it spills over into everybody.
Airdate: September 16, 2020
Dr. Eric Topol
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 16, 2020
- Bob Woodward: “Trump is the wrong man for the job”Bob Woodward interviewed President Trump 18 times for his new book “Rage.” Trump talked to Woodward about a wide variety of topics from his handling of Covid-19 saying “nothing more could have been done” to meeting with the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, saying “what do we have to lose?” Bob Woodward joins AC360 to explain why after all his interviews with Trump and others in his administration, he thinks “Trump is the wrong man for the job.”
Airdate: September 15, 2020
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 15, 2020