How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- FBI: Autopsy confirms remains found in Wyoming are Gabby Petito’sAutopsy results have confirmed the remains found in Wyoming are those of Gabby Petito, the 22-year-old woman who disappeared while on a trip exploring national parks with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie. The coroner ruled her death a homicide but the “cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.” The police are still trying to find Laundrie, who returned to his family home without Petito earlier this month, has refused to cooperate with investigators and has been missing since last week. Joh...Show moren Walsh is the host of “In Pursuit with John Walsh” on Investigation Discovery and is a child safety advocate after his own son was abducted and murdered 40 years ago. He joins AC360 to discuss the search efforts for Laundrie and where he thinks he’s hiding. Plus, President Biden plans to meet with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and other key Democrats as his legislative agenda reaches its highest stakes moment. CNN’s Political Director David Chalian tells AC360 just how important this week is for the Biden administration.
Airdate: September 21, 2021
David ChalianSep 21, 2021
- FBI: Search of Brian Laundrie’s family home has endedA day after the remains that are believed to be 22-year-old Gabby Petito were found in Wyoming, the FBI entered and searched the family home of her fiancé Brian Laundrie in Florida. Laundrie returned to the home without Petito earlier this month, declined to talk to investigators and then went missing last week. John Walsh is the host of “In Pursuit with John Walsh” on Investigation Discovery and is a child safety advocate after his own son was abducted and murdered 40 years ago. “I believe the ...Show morepublic will catch this guy,” Walsh told Anderson Cooper. Plus, Pfizer said their Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 was safe and generated a “robust” antibody response. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta joins AC360 to discuss Pfizer’s data and when he thinks the vaccine could be available to children.
Airdate: September 20, 2021
Dr. Sanjay GuptaSep 20, 2021
- FDA advisers recommend boosters for people 65+ and those at higher risk of severe Covid-19FDA advisers voted to recommend emergency use authorization of a booster dose of Pfizer's vaccine six months after full vaccination in people 65 and older and those at high risk of severe Covid-19. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta tells Anderson Cooper why the advisers didn’t recommend the booster for everyone 16 and older. Plus, CNN National Correspondent Randi Kaye gives AC360 an update on the search for Gabby Petito, the missing 22-year-old whose family last heard from her i...Show moren late August. She was on a cross country road trip with her fiancé, who returned home to Florida without Petito and isn’t cooperating with the police.
Airdate: September 17, 2021
Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Randi KayeSep 17, 2021
- DHS warns of potential for violence surrounding the “Justice for J6” rally in intelligence briefThe Department of Homeland Security warned Thursday about the potential for violence from people involved in or opposed to the "Justice for J6" rally planned for Saturday in Washington, according to an unclassified intelligence briefing that was shared with state and local authorities and obtained by CNN.
The memo also warned of potential violence on the day before the rally. "We are aware of a small number of recent online threats of violence referencing the planned rally, including online d...Show moreiscussions encouraging violence the day before the rally," the brief from the DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis says.
Anderson gets perspective from former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe. And vaccine advisers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration start meeting early Friday to discuss whether Americans need booster shots yet. The debate has become bogged down in politics and turf battles. And at times it seemed to put the FDA's independence at odds with a White House team eager to appear to be out ahead of an unpredictable pandemic. Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Dr. Leana Wen talk about what to expect.
Date: September 16, 2021
Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Dr. Leana WenSep 16, 2021
- Gen. Milley called Chinese general in consultation with then-Defense Secretary EsperThe upcoming book “Peril” by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa details Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley’s phone conversations to reassure a nervous Chinese general and efforts Milley took to limit then-President Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike. Milley conducted the October 30 call in consultation with then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper. Gen. Wesley Clark is a former NATO Supreme Allied Commander. He tells Anderson Cooper he thinks “there should be a lot of praise for...Show more Gen. Milley” and that he did “the best he could to maintain strategic stability.” Plus, three reports published in The New England Journal of Medicine support the argument that people need a booster dose of the Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta joins AC360 to discuss the findings and the upcoming meeting of FDA vaccine advisers.
Airdate: September 15, 2021
Gen. Wesley Clark (Ret.)
Dr. Sanjay GuptaSep 15, 2021
- Newsom looks to hold on to his job as California governorCalifornia voters will decide whether they want to remove Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom from office. Last month Sen. Bernie Sanders urged voters to reject a “bold-faced Republican power grab.” He joins AC360 to discuss whether or not he thinks Newsom will remain in office and says he thinks he’s done a “good job under very difficult circumstances.” Plus, CNN Special Correspondent Jamie Gangel has details from Bob Woodward and Robert Costa’s new book “Peril.” She tells Anderson Cooper about what f...Show moreormer President Trump was doing while rioters were breaking into the Capitol on January 6 and about what Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley did because he was worried the former President would “go rogue.”
Airdate: September 14, 2021
Sen. Bernie Sanders
Jamie GangelSep 14, 2021
- House grills Blinken on chaotic Afghanistan withdrawalSecretary of State Antony Blinken testified before Congress and defended the chaotic evacuation effort. He said President Biden faced the choice of “ending the war or escalating it” after not inheriting “a plan” from the Trump administration. Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air National Guard. He tells AC360 he was “completely unsatisfied” with Blinken’s answers. Plus, former President Trump has stirred up voter...Show more fraud lies on the eve of the California recall election. Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar joins AC360 to discuss Trump’s big lie and explains why she thinks Newsom will remain the governor.
Airdate: September 13, 2021
Rep. Adam Kinzinger
Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Sep 13, 2021
- Pres. Biden to GOP critics looking to challenge new vaccine requirements in court: 'Have at it'Pres. Joe Biden challenged Republicans to test his new vaccine requirements in court as he stressed his administration's commitment to keeping students safe when he visited a Washington, DC, middle school on Friday. Biden addressed criticism from Republicans, including several governors, who say his new plan amounts to government overreach and that they plan to challenge it in court. The Republican National Committee has said it plans to sue the administration over the stringent new measures. "H...Show moreave at it. Look, I am so disappointed that, particularly some of the Republican governors have been so cavalier with the health of these kids, so cavalier with the health of their communities," Biden said. For perspective on the actions, and the GOP reaction, Dr. Jerome Adams, who served as U.S. Surgeon General under President Trump and Robert Reich, a Clinton-era Secretary of Labor, the Department that is drafting the business rules for the mandate, join the program. Plus, in just four days the final votes will be cast in the California recall election. Former California Governor Jerry Brown joins AC360 to discuss the race.
Date: September 10, 2021
Sep 10, 2021
- Pres. Biden: “Our patience is wearing thin"President Biden laid out a six-point plan today to combat the Delta variant surge. The President imposed stringent new vaccine rules on federal workers, large employers and health care workers – requirements that could apply to as many as 100 million Americans. "We've been patient, but our patience is wearing thin, and your refusal has cost all of us," Biden said, his tone hardening toward Americans who still refuse to receive a vaccine despite ample evidence of their safety and full approval of...Show more one. The President's chief medical officer Dr. Anthony Fauci joins Anderson.
Plus, an incredible conversation about the long road of grief. Anderson talks with a woman, whose mom worked in the Twin Towers and disappeared nearly 20 years ago on 9/11. For years she hoped her mom was somehow still alive but recently her remains were finally identified.
Date: September 9, 2021
Nykiah MorganSep 9, 2021
- Florida judge allows school mask mandates to continue despite governor's appealAccording to the CDC, the rise in Covid deaths may continue over the next month, even as hospitalizations possibly stabilize.
This is even though more than 75 percent of adults have received one vaccine shot. However, the CDC also noted today, the pace of vaccinations is down.
The spike in cases comes not only as America's schools re-open, but as new data from the American Academy of Pediatrics says 1 in 4 of these new cases is of a child.
The organization says there has been a 250 perc...Show moreent increase in infections of children from five weeks ago. In Florida, Governor Ron DeSantis banned school mask mandates that didn't allow for a parental opt-out. That led to a legal fight. And today a Florida judge ruled against DeSantis’ appeal, allowing Florida schools to continue to have mask mandates while the case is appealed at a higher level. One of the school superintendents front and center in the fight talks to Anderson. And is former President Trump making plans to enter the 2024 GOP Presidential race? Mary Trump, his niece, joins Anderson to discuss the possible political moves.
Airdate: September 8, 2021
Mary TrumpSep 8, 2021