Novak Djokovic's family said in a statement on Sunday that they are "very disappointed" with the Federal Court of Australia's decision to uphold his visa cancellation.
"We are very disappointed with the Federal Court Decision and the fact that Novak has to leave Australia," said the Djokovic family in a statement. "This isn't just a sport's issue and playing at the first Grand Slam of the season, dominated by Novak for a decade now, but politics as well all the interests that took priority over sports."
The family also said they believed the Australian court would take into account "that Novak has a valid visa" and hoped that justice would prevail and no "public interests" would influence the decision.
"These are difficult moments, especially for Novak; however, what we all have to do now, particularly we, as his family is to give him our full support more than ever before. We'll be there to share the blows he's received to help him regain his energy and the faith in this sport and above all the fair play, lacking on this occasion. We are proud of him and the strength he demonstrated in his dignified fight," the statement added.
"We believe he is going to come out of this stronger and that the time will tell what Novak has certainly demonstrated so far what a great champion and a decent man he is," the family said in the statement.