CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for August - 2012
- 2012-08-30The Indonesian capital of Jakarta is a fascinating city, with a long and proud maritime history.
- 2012-08-28In hard-hit areas like Pathein in the Irrawaddy Delta in southern Myanmar, villages and rice fields were still under water on Sunday.
- 2012-08-28Farmer Rajinder Kumar at work in his guar field. Guar is a desert crop that thrives in hot weather and needs little water.
- 2012-08-26Kim Jong Il's former chef Kenji Fujimoto hugs North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at a reunion in July in North Korea.
- 2012-08-21A team of engineers led by the UK's University of Nottingham have created a new stove which not only cooks food but also generates electricity. The device uses thermo-acoustic technology originally developed by the U.S.'s Los Alamos National Lab
- 2012-08-20Thousands of Chinese protesters take part in a demonstration in Chengdu, southwest China's Sichuan province, on 19 August, 2012, against Japan's claim of the Diaoyu islands, as they are known in Chinese, or Senkaku islands in Japanese.
- 2012-08-18Emergency staff carry out victims of a fire that swept through the Tiger Bar club in Patong, Phuket, Thailand on Friday, August 17, 2012
- 2012-08-14South Korean singer Kim Jang-Hoon (R) swims in the sea off Uljin, 225 kms southeast of Seoul, on August 13, 2012. He's among more than 40 swimmers who are part of a politically-charged relay team swimming from South Korea to the contested islands of
- 2012-08-13An Australia-bound Iraqi family arrives at an Indonesian marine police station in Surabaya in East Java province on July 29, 2012. They were among a group of 66 Iraqi and Iranian asylum seekers who were rescued from a stricken boat by the Indonesian navy.
- 2012-08-02Taiwan residents wade in floodwaters in Wuche, in eastern Ilan County, as typhoon Saola approches the island's east coast on Thursday, August 2. The typhoon dropped as much as 1.5 feet of rain in parts of the Philippines before making landfall in Tai
- 2012-08-02Most have been attracted by the interactive displays in the theme pavilions, but the event also offers opportunities to forge government and business relationships.