CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for July - 2012
- 2012-07-31Heavy traffic backs up at a toll gate along a highway on the outskirts of New Delhi as power outages leave half of India without power Tuesday, July 31.
- 2012-07-30Liu Xiang will aim for his second gold medal in London's Olympic Games when he runs the 110-meter hurdles.
- 2012-07-27A new initiative in Malaysia is giving rural populations hope of a better life with the creation of a model "smart village." The idea is to create a largely self-sufficient community which also sources energy and food in a sustainable manner.
- 2012-07-26A woman cleans mud from her home in the Fangshan district of Beijing, China, July 25, 2012. Fangshan suffered some of the worst damage after the heaviest rain in 60 years.
- 2012-07-26Asel Shilikbayeva of Manchester, England, was in flight to Almaty when she took this photo of the sun setting behind the Tian Shan Mountains. "The view of the mountains lit by the fiery red sky and the green landscape was breathtaking," she says
- 2012-07-25While many Kazakh golden eagle hunters keep the tradition alive through shows for tourists, a handful use the animals to hunt for real.
- 2012-07-17Maia Stack, who was born in Hangzhou, China, said a trip back when she was 17 helped her to shape her identity as Chinese and American.
- 2012-07-13Astana became the capital of Kazakhstan in 1997. Much of its modern architecture is striking in its scale and design, especially in contrast to the vast, open steppes that surround it.
- 2012-07-13Father Francis Zhang Tianlu greets his congregation after Sunday Mass at the church he helped restore in Yongning in China's Guangxi province.
- 2012-07-13Kazakhstan is the world's 9th largest country that stretches from the Caspian Sea in the west to its eastern boarder with northwest China. The former Soviet state gained independence in 1991 Astana (pictured) was made the capital in 1997, taking the
- 2012-07-12Mother of six Shazadi washes dishes outside her home on the outskirts of the Indian capital, New Delhi. She tries to use as little water as possible, because it is in short supply.
- 2012-07-05Private kitchen Fleur de Sel in the city's Causeway Bay shopping district caters to its local patrons by offering a teatime set of dessert teas in a more informal environment.
- 2012-07-04Villagers padddle with their belongings through flood waters in the Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary, 55 kms from the capital city of the northeastern state of Assam on June 28, 2012. Floodwaters have submerged 90% of the sanctuary.
- 2012-07-03Himalayan caterpillar fungus -- known as yartsa gunbu , and Himalayan Viagra -- is prized in traditional medicine. Its value draws thousands of people to high-altitude meadows in Nepal's Dolpa district each year in search of it.
- 2012-07-03The tiny village of Zili in southern China attracts dozens of tour buses on weekends. The tourists come to see the Kaiping watchtowers - a Unesco world heritage site.
- 2012-07-01Life is hard for low income earners in Hong Kong as booming house prices push up the cost of rent. Outside metro stations, elderly women collect free daily newspapers discarded by commuters which they then sell to earn some money.