CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for December - 2012
- 2012-12-29Millie Phuah clears leaves from the tomb of her great-grandparents in Bukit Brown cemetery.
- 2012-12-20President-elect Park Geun-Hye, South Korea's first female president, waves to supporters after being declared the winner on December 19, 2012 in Seoul. She will become one of several female leaders in Asia, as well as the world.
- 2012-12-19South Koreans cast their votes for a new president in a polling station in Seoul. Ruling Seanuri Party candidate Park Geun-hye and opposition Democratic United Party Moon Jae-in have been in a close race during the election campaign.
- 2012-12-18Firefighters try to control a fire at Tazreen Fashions Limited in Savar, on the outskirts of Dhaka, Bangladesh, on November 24. At least 112 people were killed and more than 200 injured in the fire.
- 2012-12-14Well-wishers mob a smiling North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (without hat) on Wednesday after the successful launch of the country's first satellite.
- 2012-12-14Elderly residents huddle against the cold on benches outside their temporary housing estate in Ishinomaki, the Tohoku region of Japan, in March 2012. They're among hundreds of thousands of people waiting for the government to build them new homes mor
- 2012-12-14China fired its first woman into orbit in 2012, could a Chinese astronaut set foot on the moon in 2013?
- 2012-12-14Residents look at the lists of missing relatives displayed near the municipal hall in New Bataan, Compostela province on Wednesday, December 12, nearly one week after the southern part of the Philippines was hit by Typhoon Bopha. Bopha, the strongest cycl
- 2012-12-13Chinese villager Liu Qiyuan, pictured here on December 11, has constructed six survival pods that can be used in the event of tsunamis and earthquakes.
- 2012-12-13Pandit Ravi Shankar died Tuesday, December 11, at age 92. The legendary sitar player brought Indian music to the West and taught Beatle George Harrison how to play the instrument.
- 2012-12-12Christmas celebrations in the Philippines are the longest -- and most lavish -- in the world. These beautifully lit trees in Makati City, Philippines were captured by iReporter Martin Javin.
- 2012-12-07Pushpa Basnet, the 2012 CNN Hero of the Year, was shocked to learn that many children in Nepal had no choice but to live with their incarcerated parents behind bars. So she started a day care program for many of these children and opened a home in Kathman
- 2012-12-07Vertical farms were conceptualized in the 1950s, but Singapore's Sky Greens is the first commercial farm in the country with big ideas to expand.
- 2012-12-06Divers found abundant populations of grey sharks and reef sharks in the pristine coral reef of Ducie atoll.
- 2012-12-03Where in the world do cows and traffic mix? CNN cameraman Brad Olson captures the surprise guests wandering around his home on Hong Kong's Lantau Island: cows!