CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for November - 2012
- 2012-11-29Kashmiri Sikh boys listen to chants inside a Sikh temple in Srinagar, India, on Wednesday, November 28, the 543rd birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, who founded Sikhism and is the first of 10 Sikh gurus.
- 2012-11-28The day has finally arrived. All eyes are on New Zealand's capital, Wellington, as it prepares for the world premiere of Peter Jackson's adaptation of "The Hobbit."
- 2012-11-28Patricia Lim shows pictures of Henrietta Shuck, the first U.S. female missionary to China, left, and her friend, Theodosia Dean, another missionary wife.
- 2012-11-27Razia Jan is fighting to educate girls in rural Afghanistan, where terrorists will stop at nothing to keep them from learning. She and her team at the Zabuli Education Center are providing a free education to about 350 girls, many of whom wouldn't no
- 2012-11-26The Rohingya are stateless with nowhere to go. Driven by fear many are congregating in huge makeshift camps on the edge of the Rahkine town of Sittwe.
- 2012-11-25Demonstrators press toward police during a large anti-government protest on Saturday, November 24, in Bangkok, Thailand. The Siam Pitak group, which sponsored the protest, cited alleged government corruption and anti-monarchist elements within the ruling
- 2012-11-23The Architecture for Dogs website, launching on 15 November, will supply free blueprints for 13 different DIY doghouses, each earmarked for a particular breed. '"Paramount" was designed by Konstantin Grcic for a Toy Poodle.
- 2012-11-23While Thanksgiving has led businesses to launch Black Friday to get shoppers into stores, countries around the world have turned average dates on the calendar into must-shop events. Here, a man waits for his date during a matchmaking activity to mark Sin
- 2012-11-21Eli Tang, a visually-impaired student, prepares to take a picture.
- 2012-11-20U.S. President Barack Obama hugs Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi after making a speech at her residence in Yangon on Monday, November 19. Obama met the democracy icon during a historic visit to Yangon aimed at encouraging political reforms in
- 2012-11-19Thousands turned out on Sunday for the funeral procession of Bal Thackeray, the controversial founder of India's Hindu nationalist Shiv Sena party. Thackeray, who called his followers 'Hindu warriors' and was widely accused of stoking ethn
- 2012-11-15After months of speculation, China unveiled the elite group of leaders who will set the agenda for the country for the next decade, including new Communist Party General Secretary and presumptive next president Xi Jinping.
- 2012-11-14In recent months, a territorial dispute over a set of islands in the East China Sea has strained Chinese relations with Japan. The dispute flared when Japan announced it had bought the islands from private owners.
- 2012-11-13The Ma! Iwaidja free mobile phone app aims to prevent the extinction of the Iwaidja language -- one of Australia's 100 endangered languages.
- 2012-11-09This photo taken on March 2, 2011 shows pollutants billowing out of a chimney amid a group of residential housings in Beijing.
- 2012-11-09This month, Barack Obama will become the first sitting U.S. President to visit Myanmar, the strongest endorsement yet of the country's efforts to tread a path to democracy. In the past two years, Myanmar has gone through tremendous reforms, but also
- 2012-11-06Brett Prebble riding Green Moon crosses the finish line to win the 2012 Melbourne Cup. The six-year-old Bay Stallion is owned by Australian businessman Lloyd Williams who now has four Cup wins. Green Moon defeated the Gai Waterhouse-trained Fiorente, with
- 2012-11-05Hong Kongers will watch the forthcoming U.S. election with interest, particularly as China has been a dominant campaign theme.