CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for October - 2017
- 2017-10-24Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa, the most popular city for Airbnb in Africa with 17,600 active listings.
The room rental giant has enjoyed rapid growth in Africa over the past year. Annual guest numbers have more than doubled from 572,000 to 1
- 2017-10-13For more than a year, the Nuba people in South Kordofan have been facing attack from their own government. Almost 63,000 people have fled to the Yida refugee camp in South Sudan. Pictured is Asimara, aged three, who arrived at the camp with her family in
- 2017-10-13Violah's mother embraces her daughter and Stacey Wells, the woman who adopted Violah and then returned the girl to her Ugandan village. "I'm very happy and very grateful," Violah's mother said.
- 2017-10-12Mata was reunited with her mother in their Ugandan village. "I had not realized that I had gone through a process to take away my parental rights completely," her mother told a Ugandan court.
- 2017-10-10Voters in Monrovia, Liberia, hold their voting card prior to casting their vote for Liberia's presidential and legislative elections, at a polling station on October 10, 2017. It will be the first time since 1944 that one democratically-elected gover
- 2017-10-10Liberian anti-riot policemen take part in an exercise in Monrovia on October 9, 2017, on the eve of the country's presidential elections. Liberians go to the polls on October 10, 2017, to pick their first new president in 12 years as Ellen Johnson Si