CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for January - 2017
- 2017-01-31Strange barren dots -- rimmed with tall grasses -- sprinkle a 1,100-mile stretch of Namibia's desert.
- 2017-01-27After ditching hair straightening chemicals, Ivory Coast based hairdresser Mariam Diaby is encouraging other Africans to embrace their 'natural' look through online community Nappys de Babi.
- 2017-01-24Quazi Design creates handmade jewelery out of recycled magazines.
- 2017-01-24The fall armyworm moth is among the most notorious pests in the Americas and it has recently invaded southern Africa.
In its larval stage, the rapacious pest has been compared to the locust for its devastating impact on crops. It also breeds rapidly and
- 2017-01-23Fashion shows are difficult to organize at the best of times. For designer Akuja de Garang, things are even tougher, as her show is held in the midst of ongoing conflict in South Sudan.
- 2017-01-20A carriage of the French-made TGV train arrives at the Moroccan port of Tangier, the first high-speed train to operate in Africa.
The TGVs are capable of speeds of 200 miles per hour, and they will cut the journey time between Tangier and Morocco's
- 2017-01-18This month, Egyptian roller derby team the CaiRollers will compete in the first regional match of its kind against Abu Dhabi. The Arab world may not be foremost on people's minds when they think of roller derby, but, 25 girls bound on female solidari
- 2017-01-17Since the first Chinese-backed railway, Tazara, was unveiled in the 1970s, four new billion-dollar railways have emerged across Africa.
- 2017-01-11Nearly 1.8 million people are estimated to live in internal displacement in Nigeria, while some 75 percent live in host communities. Many live for years in camps often run by humanitarian organizations.
- 2017-01-11More than 40.8 million people around the world on the run in their own countries due to conflict and violence, according to a report by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC). Pictured: a camp for internally displaced people in Vanduzi, Mozamb
- 2017-01-05Former world footballer of the year George Weah could add another notable triumph this year when he stands in the Liberian presidential elections.
- 2017-01-03Ryan Muiruri (left) and John Karanja (right), are both intersex men and activists in Kenya, a country with a strong Christian population. "I could find some pastors talking to me [and they'd say], 'God had a reason to create you as a girl,&