CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for September - 2012
- 2012-09-26Crowds of supporters gather ahead of Julius Malema's court appearance on September 26. The controversial former leader of the South African ruling party's youth league has split public opinion in recent years.
- 2012-09-19Eritrean refugees show the scars they say were caused by people traffickers melting plastic on their backs.
- 2012-09-18Maud Chifamba, middle, started her studies in accounting September 10 at the University of Zimbabwe. Aged 14, she is the country's youngest ever university student.
- 2012-09-18Using the hashtag #cnnmobilesociety, we asked Facebook and Twitter users how mobile phones have changed lives in Africa. The Kenyan money service M-Pesa was a popular response. The M stands for mobile while Pesa means money in Swahili. The service enables
- 2012-09-17The Lugazi baseball team from Uganda are the first team to represent Africa in the 66-year history of the Little League World Series.
- 2012-09-17For the Shembe, leopards are seen as a symbol of pride, beauty and wealth.
- 2012-09-12The Lesula, or Cercopithecus lomamiensis, is the first new species of monkey found in 28 years.
- 2012-09-11Sudanese-born supermodel goes back to South Sudan, the country she was forced to flee during the civil war.
- 2012-09-10Protesters gather at the Lonmin platinum mine in Marikana, South Africa on August 17, 2012 where the day before 34 people were killed when police opened fire on striking mineworkers.
- 2012-09-06Being one of the last places on earth to be settled by humans, and because of its unique geographic location, Madagascan culture is a unique blend of influences.
- 2012-09-02The funeral entourage for Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi makes its way through the streets of Addis Ababa.
- 2012-09-01The spectacular baobab trees are a landmark of Madagascar, a large island located off the southeastern African coast.