CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for June - 2012
- 2012-06-29South African photographer Frank Marshall captured Botswana's heavy metal rockers as part of his Renegades series.
- 2012-06-28The "We Face Forward" exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery, in the UK, will focus on West African art. The emblem of the exhibition is an artwork by Meschac Gaba. His flag is entitled "Ensemble" and combines all the West African nation
- 2012-06-21African designers presented their creations during the 10th annual Dakar Fashion Week in the Senegal capital. Here, a model displays a tribal-inspired head piece by Moroccan designer Jamila Lafqir.
- 2012-06-19CNN's Errol Barnett checks the claim that Kenyans, known as #KOTs in the twitterverse, are one of the most vocal groups on social networks. On this week's Inside Africa, he sets off on a mission to meet some tech-savvy Kenyans, like Pierra Mcken
- 2012-06-15According to Cryil Christo, at the beginning of the 1980s there were over a million elephants roaming Africa. Today that number has dramatically fallen to "no more than 400,000."
- 2012-06-15Chinese shoe maker Huajian has built a factory outside Adis Ababa, Ethiopia, employing some 550 local and Chinese workers.
- 2012-06-13Graffiti artists work on the details of their latest piece in Nairobi, Kenya. They paint political art highlighting corruption and compare national leaders to vultures.
- 2012-06-07Khaled Gamal, 18, lives in Manshiyat Nasr, one of the poorest neighborhoods in Cairo, Egypt. He joined in some of the protests last year in Tahrir Square but says he couldn't afford to miss work too often to protest.
- 2012-06-07Un avi�n con 153 personas se estrell� el domingo, 3 de junio, en un barrio residencial de Lagos, la ciudad m�s poblada de Nigeria. No hubo sobrevivientes.
- 2012-06-04A young girl jumps across a ditch in front of her home in Kibera, the Kenyan squatter settlement that is one of Africa's biggest slums. Children raised in Kibera have no yards or suitable open spaces to play in.
- 2012-06-04Rescue workers remove a victim of Sunday's plane crash in a Lagos, Nigeria, residential area on Monday, June 4. All 153 people aboard were killed.
- 2012-06-03Egyptians gather in Cairo's Tahrir Square on Sunday, June 3, for a second day of protests over former President Hosni Mubarak's sentence of life in prison.